Job ready in a year or less
Many of PCC's Career/Technical programs offer students the opportunity to earn short-term certificates, ranging in length from one term to one year. These certificates can act as a credential for entry-level employment in a particular industry or as a benchmark on the way to an advanced degree. Below is a brief description of the types of certificates available in one year or less:
- Career Pathways Certificates
- These certificates are short-term credentials (12-44 credits) which prepare students for entry-level employment within an occupational area. Career Pathways certificates may be the first certificate a student earns while pursuing a longer certificate or an AAS degree.
- One-year Certificates
- These certificates can be obtained in one year or less and can prepare students for a variety of occupational endeavors, including licensure and test preparation. In addition, these certificates can be an additional step on the way to pursuing a longer certificate or degree.
More short term opportunities
- Career Pathways
- Gain the skills to jumpstart your career in more than 20 occupations in demand in the Portland metro area. Career Pathways Trainings are offered in an intensive, short-term format (1 or 2 terms). All trainings provide assistance and the tools needed to make a successful career transition in today's competitive job market. Credentials are available for most trainings.
- Management Training
- The Management and Supervisory Development Department can provide practical, real-world, hands-on training in any topic you choose.
- Margaret Carter Skill Center
- The Skill Center takes a hands-on approach to learning and applied skill training. Programs include classes in life-skill education, technology and computer literacy, employment exploration concepts and applied office techniques, communications and trades math.
- Professional Development (Community Education Seminars and Classes)
- Team building, communications styles, motivating others, working with a multicultural workforce, assertiveness training and more.
- Professional Licensing
- CEUs for electrical license renewal, accountants, tax preparers and consultants.