Why choose Physics at PCC?
Physics is the most basic and fundamental science, providing the basis for other sciences such as:
Many of the technological innovations that we rely on every day, including GPS, medical imaging, and wireless internet, originate from advances in physics. From as long ago as 500 BC, physicists have been blending mathematics with experiments and observations to derive the laws that govern the universe.
Degrees and certificates
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|University transfer||2 years at PCC + 2 years at university|
What will you learn?
Physics topics covered at PCC include:
- Astronomy: our solar system, stars, galaxies, and cosmology
- Electricity, magnetism, electric circuits, and magnetic induction
- Heat, work, and the laws of thermodynamics
- Isaac Newton’s laws of motion, force, and energy
- Light waves, sounds waves, optics, and images
What will you do?
Physics not only teaches you the laws and theories that describe the universe, you will also develop strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills that are applicable to every field and are extremely attractive to employers. An education including physics provides an excellent foundation for a career in finance, law, journalism, engineering, medicine, computer science, and many others.