Why choose French at PCC?
All PCC French classes feature:
- Access to a course website with video, audio, and other activities for at-home use
- Affordable textbooks
- Classrooms with multimedia capability
- Free French tutors and instructor office hours for additional help
- Full integration of speaking, grammar, writing, listening and culture at every level
- Fun extracurricular activities such as the French immersion weekend
- Instructors with masters degrees, native/near-native fluency and years of professional teaching experience
- Language immersion with an emphasis on speaking skills
- Pair and small group activities during class every daySupportive and fun classroom environment
Degrees and certificates
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|University transfer||2 years at PCC + 2 years at university|
What will you learn?
Our objective is to help you develop communicative competence and proficiency in comprehension, speaking, reading, writing French and cultural awareness.
What will you do?
Did you know that French is the second most frequently taught language in the world after English and that French and English are the only two global languages?
French is the only language other than English spoken on five continents. The International Organization of Francophonie has 51 member states and governments. Of these, 28 countries have French as an official language.
With that kind of global reach, French is useful for business, diplomacy, and education.
If you aren’t sure which level of French class to take, see the French placement and course questions page.