Automotive Service Technology
Sylvania AM 210 | 971-722-4130 | email@example.com
Automotive service technicians play a vital role in American society, which since the 1950s, has depended a great deal on the freedom and mobility provided by automobiles. Automotive service technicians not only apply their expertise to solving electrical and mechanical problems in our vehicles; technicians also assure that vehicles run at optimal performance and are safe for each and every one of us on today’s roads.
The Automotive Service Technology program at PCC offers you the opportunity to become a skilled automotive service technician, providing you with the fundamental skills necessary to succeed in an ever changing and challenging industry. The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), an arm of the industry certifying body, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), accredits both our degree and certificate.
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science Degree: Automotive Service Technology
- Two Year Certificate: Automotive Service Technology
See the catalog for information regarding program requirements.
Flexibility, Unique Courses, Upgrades
We offer you flexibility, cutting-edge knowledge, automotive industry best practices, and the ability to specialize in your chosen field. Whether you’re just starting your career in automotive technology or returning for a skills upgrade, our program offers the best training and resources available. Our three-week course modules offer the perfect opportunity to schedule classes around your job, or to learn in segments, providing better consistency. We offer upgrade training to technicians already working in the field, and you may earn credit for passing ASE tests (See the automotive department chair for details).
- Apply for admission to PCC.
- Follow the new student checklist.
- Log in to myPCC and use GRAD plan to map out and determine any program prerequisite courses you need for program entry.
- Attend a shop/program orientation session. Bring a copy of your GRAD plan map and COMPASS test scores for review.
- Receive permission to register based on wait list position.
Please Note: The program contains additional costs for tools, uniforms and equipment.