Welcome to the PCC Sylvania Health Admissions Office! We are here to help you with any
questions you might have about Sylvania Allied Health Programs. All Sylvania Allied Health Programs are closed-entry. Only students formally accepted to the programs may enroll. All of the programs require prerequisite coursework and/or requirements and admit students once per year.
The Allied Health programs offered at PCC Sylvania include:
- Medical Imaging
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Lab Technology
- Exercise Science
All allied health programs at PCC combine classroom work with a supervised practicum, internship and/or clinical rotation, resulting in challenging academic studies as well as hands-on experiences that keep graduates competitive with the ever-changing work force.
What can the Health Admissions Office do for me?
The PCC Sylvania Health Admissions Office provides a variety of services to assist new and returning students with applying to the Sylvania Allied Health Programs. Through the Health Admissions Office, students can access:
- Program information sessions
- General program information
- Academic advising and planning for Sylvania Health Programs
- Unofficial transcript evaluation
- Program applications
Students who have decided to pursue applying to PCC’s Nursing, Medical Imaging or Dental Science programs are encouraged to meet with a Health Admissions Advisor. Advising meetings are scheduled by appointment only. You can make an advising appointment by contacting the Health Admissions Office at 971-722-4795. Advising appointments are always available at PCC’s Sylvania campus. We also offer advising appointments across our district. Students should call the Health Admissions office for appointments available at Cascade, Rock Creek and the Southeast Campus. To make the most of your advising appointment, students need to complete the following steps prior to scheduling and attending their advising appointment:
- Read the program information on the website
- Download and read the program’s Advising Guide
- Attend a program information session
- Complete a PCC admissions application – your PCC ID (G) number is required to schedule an advising appointment
- Complete a placement test, if this is your first time going to college
- Access copies of your official or unofficial transcripts from previous colleges to bring to your advising appointment
- Brainstorm questions or concerns you may want to discuss with the advisor
- Research the career you’ve chosen and other programs in the area
Please be aware that during our application season (January to April), advising services may be limited. Students should contact the general academic advising offices for assistance during this time. Advising hours change weekly. Please call for available advising times: 971-722-4795.
Health Admissions Office
PCC SY CC 208
P.O. Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990