Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

PS – Political Science Instructor Qualifications

PS Instructor Requirements

All PS courses except PS 211 and PS 280B:

  • Master’s Degree in Political Science or International Relations or
  • Master’s Degree, Ph.D., or J.D. in one of the following related fields: Public Administration, Economics, History or Law, plus the equivalent of 2 years working full time as a professional in the field of government or politics (this would include being an elected representative, working in a legislature or government bureaucracy, and campaign work among others).

PS 211 Peace and Conflict and PS 280B Community Service and Action Seminar (always cross-listed with SOC 211 and SOC 280B):

  • Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, or Peace and Conflict Studies OR Master’s in any field with at least 24 quarter Graduate credits in Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, or Peace and Conflict.

Approved: January 2019

PS Instructor Qualifications prior to January 2019