FMT, APR and ELT – Trades and Industries Instructor Qualifications
Professional / Technical Instructors in the Trades and Industry Department shall demonstrate competency / qualifications by:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the subject area.
A current approved license or Journey Card in the subject area is required of instructors teaching Apprenticeship required classes or license renewal classes, for any Oregon State Apprenticeable Trade.
- License Renewal Classes Currently Include: ELT 125, 126, 226, 201, 204, 220, 227, 230, 280; CEU 925P, 3168
- Apprenticeship Required Classes Currently Include: All Classes with an APR Prefix including APR 200 and any Class that is cross-listed with a Class with an APR Prefix
A current higher license or Journey Card is sufficient to teach in any lower subject area:
- An instructor with a Manufacturing Plant Electrician’s Journey Card may teach Limited Maintenance Electrician courses: APR 101, 102, 103, 104, 201, 202, 203, 204.
- An instructor with a General Journeyman’s License may teach Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) and Manufacturing Plant Electrician (MPE) and License Renewal and Exam Preparation courses: APR 101, 102, 103, 104, 201, 202, 203, 204, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226; ELT 201, 230, 220, 125, 126, 226, 204, 280; CEU 925P, 3168.
A General Journeyman’s License or Supervisor’s License in the subject area is required of instructors teaching licensing exam preparation classes.
- Exam Preparation Classes Currently Include: ELT 227, 230
Courses with other requirements:
APR 200 Trades Preparation
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the subject area, and a License or Journey Card in a Trade; or a minimum of 5 years experience in the subject area and a Certificate of Completion from a Pre-Apprenticeship Program that is approved by the Oregon State Apprenticeship and Training Council.
CEU 925P Coyne First Aid/CPR for Trades:
- Instructor must have taken and passed: CEU 925M Coyne First Aid/CPR for Trades – Train the Trainer.
CEU 3168 Forklift Safety and Code:
- Instructor must have taken and passed: Operation of Class 4 Lift Trucks / Train the Trainer and must present Certification Card.
ELT 220 OSHA 30 Hr Safety Training:
- Five years of Construction Related Experience and successful completion of OSHA 510 Construction Standards Course and successful completion of OSHA 500 Train the Trainer Course (Re-certification is required every four years to maintain OSHA Authorized Trainer Status.)
Approved March 2020