ID – Interior Design Instructor Qualifications
ID Instructor Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years professional experience in the field, and 1 year teaching experience
Revised Date: 6/26/1995
- Demonstrated competence for Interior Design is determined on a course-by-course basis. For each course, the instructor must have minimum of five years professional experience in interior design or related field. Related fields may include but are not limited to: architecture, kitchen and bath design, lighting design, textiles, or similar.
Revised Date: 3/07/2005
ID 125 Computer Drafting for Interior Designers using Chief Architect Software:
- The candidate shall have at least 5 years of full-time professional experience in the field of interior design.
- The candidate shall have at least 3 years of professional experience using Chief Architect software, and is able to produce a portfolio of work generated in professional practice.
- In addition, it is preferred that the candidate has taken at least one training class given by the manufacturer of the software or through an accredited institution.
- The candidate must demonstrate at least two years of teaching experience, or two years of leadership and training experience in lieu of teaching experience, or an equivalent combination.
ID121, ID132, ID133, ID138, ID236 include embedded Related Instruction in Computation, Communication and Human Relations. In order to teach these courses, instructor must have
- Completed college-level algebra or higher Math OR documented competent business involvement and ownership (for Computation)
- Completed college-level writing course (for Communication)
- Documented teaching experience or supervisory work experience (for Human Relations)
Related Instruction changes approved: April 3, 2018