GEO – Geography Instructor Qualifications ARCHIVE
Instructor Qualifications Between 2013 and 2020
General Geography Courses
- Master’s Degree in Geography or a Master’s Degree in a related field* plus 30 hours of graduate quarter credits in Geography.
*related fields include GIS, Forestry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Anthropology/Archeology, Economics, History, Political Science, Geology, Engineering, Public or Community Health, Architecture, Earth or Physical Sciences, Conservation Science, and other similar degrees
This list of degree areas may not be inclusive as there are other degree areas that may be appropriate. The Division Dean, in consultation with the Faculty Department chair, will make a recommendation to the Dean of Instruction about the applicability of a particular degree that is outside the scope of this list
GEO 264, 265, 266, 267, 221, 223
- Same requirements for general Geography courses OR
- Master’s degree in a related field* and have completed at least 30 hours of graduate quarter credits in Geography or GIS with 3 years of current, full time work experience in GIS OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or in a related field* with 4 years of current, full time work experience in GIS OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field* with a GIS certificate with 12 or more quarter credit hours in GIS, and 4 years of current, full time work experience.
Approved: March 2013
GEO Instructor Qualifications prior to March 2013
Master’s Degree in Geography or a Master’s Degree in a related field plus 30 hours of graduate work in Geography.