The World Languages SAC has agreed to the following minimum instructor qualifications:
- Preferred candidates will hold a Masters of Arts in the language
- An MAT in the language may be considered if accompanied by 30 graduate credit hours in the language, linguistics, literature and culture. Candidates holding a Master of Arts in a related field from an accredited university with a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours in the language may also be considered.
- Native or near native ability (to be assessed through a proficiency interview)
- One year of previous college teaching experience in related subject required
- Teaching ability as evidenced by vita and support materials
- Recent completion of a 3 credit graduate level course on college-level Second Language Teaching Methods/Methodology for the language (or required completion of such a course during first term of employment at PCC)
Any exceptions to the above need to be approved by the Office of Academic and Student Affairs and the SAC.
Approved March 10, 2009