From training our community’s workforce to preparing students for four-year schools to leading the way in educational success and completion, the work we do at Portland Community College today is at the heart of our region’s success tomorrow.
As the largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, PCC serves more than 93,000 full-time and part-time students. We fill a unique role, one that offers high quality education and opportunities for our students, which in turn contributes to the vibrancy of Portland’s economic community.
We welcome your interest in PCC - as a potential student, donor, or community partner. With your support, we can strengthen our region’s economy by educating a skilled workforce, prepare students to successfully transfer to four-year colleges and universities, enrich the community through lifelong learning, build a greener workforce while shrinking our carbon footprint, and maintain our responsibility to be a sound financial steward of public dollars.
Dr. Jeremy Brown
President, Portland Community College
- Convenient locations
- Four comprehensive campuses, eight centers and dozens of independent locations throughout the community offer courses and provide student services. Distance Education offers classes online, on television, and through other distance learning methods.
- College commitments
- Every year, more than 93,000 students enroll at PCC, making it the largest educational institution in Oregon. These are the values that guide PCC in creating a better future for the community.
- Choices to meet your needs
- We offer many types of classes and programs, which serve many different audiences.
- Traditional college programs
- Credit courses that you can take individually or as part of a certificate, associates degree, or university transfer degree. Students can also combine their PCC enrollment with other institutions with the dual enrollment program.
- Community Education
- Non-credit classes for fun and personal development. These classes are offered at PCC campuses and centers, at various locations around your neighborhood, and online.
- Distance Education
- Classes that come to you. Courses are offered on the web, on TV, and more.
- Adult Basic Skills and Pre-college Programs
- Courses to help you prepare for college or just prepare for a better life. These programs can help you complete high school, earn a GED, improve your English skills, or get a head start on college.
- International Education
- Resources for international students looking to study at PCC, and for the PCC student interested in studying abroad.
- Continuing Education
- Classes that advance your career. Programs include Career Pathways training and Professional Licensing.
- CLIMB Center for Advancement
- Education for professionals, from front-line workers to CEOs. CLIMB offers professional quality training and development services for small businesses, health professionals, and supervisors in organizations of all sizes.