Office of Government Relations
- PCC-Led Initiative Joins National Skills Coalition
- March 5, 2020
- Pathways to Opportunity is joining the national organization’s two key support networks
- Legislative Interns Focused on Learning the Process
- February 14, 2020
- The Associated Students of PCC Legislative Intern Program is an opportunity for students to learn first-hand how laws are made and what careers in government are like
- Community Colleges Talk CTE with Leaders
- February 11, 2020
- On Feb. 5, Oregon's 17 community colleges met at the Capitol Building to show off to legislators their diverse range of career-technical education programs
- View more ...
Part of College Advancement, this district office directs government advocacy on the city, state and federal levels on behalf of Portland Community College. This includes welcoming legislators to campus and events, advocating for community college funding from the legislature, and bringing students to the state Capitol to support affordable tuition and other important policy issues.
In addition, the Government Relations Office organizes the “Day at the Capitol,” where students, staff, faculty and administrators share their “PCC story” with legislators and thank them for investing in higher education. This office also runs the Denise Frisbee Legislative Intern Program, which gives students interested in public policy the opportunity to work side-by-side with the Government Relations Director in Salem to further the college mission.
Who We Are:
- Emma Kallaway, Government Relations Director, SY CC 234B, (971) 722-4377, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Rose Evans, Public Relations & Government Relations Program Specialist, SY CC 234, (971) 722-4378, email@example.com
College Advancement Offices
Public Relations & Community Engagement
This district office directs comprehensive, college-wide public relations, media relations and community engagement services.
The Office of Marketing and Communications leads the branding and various marketing outreach to promote programs at PCC. It offers guidelines, tools and services to help you meet your communication goals.
The PCC Foundation is a nonprofit organization that expands access to education through need-based scholarships and program funding.