Office of Government Relations
- Legislators Provide Big Assist For PCC Programs
- August 19, 2021
- Thanks to Oregon Senators Michael Dembrow and Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, PCC is the beneficiary of $883,390 in ARPA funds
- Mitsui Discusses Federal Stimulus at Roundtable
- July 16, 2021
- Congresswoman Bonanmici, a community college graduate herself, hosted the roundtable with students and presidents of local community colleges
- Federal emergency funds assist PCC students
- June 30, 2021
- Since March 2020, Portland Community College has been awarded nearly $40 million in federal emergency relief funds to support students […]
- View more ...
Part of College Advancement, this district office directs government advocacy on the city, state and federal levels on behalf of Portland Community College. This includes welcoming legislators to campus and events, advocating for community college funding from the legislature, and bringing students to the state Capitol to support affordable tuition and other important policy issues.
In addition, the Government Relations Office organizes the “Day at the Capitol,” where students, staff, faculty and administrators share their “PCC story” with legislators and thank them for investing in higher education. This office also runs the Denise Frisbee Legislative Intern Program, which gives students interested in public policy the opportunity to work side-by-side with the Government Relations Director in Salem to further the college mission.
Who We Are:
- Emma Kallaway, Government Relations Director, SY CC 234B, (971) 722-4377, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Rose Evans, Public Relations & Government Relations Program Specialist, SY CC 234, (971) 722-4378, email@example.com
College Advancement Offices
Public Relations & Community Engagement
This district office directs comprehensive, college-wide public relations, media relations and community engagement services.
The Office of Marketing and Communications leads the branding and various marketing outreach to promote programs at PCC. It offers guidelines, tools and services to help you meet your communication goals.
The PCC Foundation is a nonprofit organization that expands access to education through need-based scholarships and program funding.