Types of classes at PCC
We have classes in different formats to better support the many ways students learn. The class schedule includes:
- In-person classes take place at specific times and locations.
- Attendance in the classroom is required.
- All instruction takes place in-person. Some class materials might be delivered online.
- Online classes don’t have specific meeting times.
- Regular online interaction is required and there are specific deadlines for assignments.
- All instruction is delivered online. Some instructors schedule optional meetings in Zoom.
- Remote classes take place at specific times online, usually in Zoom.
- Students must be logged in during class meeting times.
- All instruction takes place remotely during class meeting times.
In some cases, it makes sense for a class to use more than one format. Look in the class schedule for classes that combine the convenience of online learning with the benefits of face-to-face interaction.
- Remote and in-person: a class meets in Zoom for the first half of the term while learning theory and historical context. For the rest of term, the class meets in a lab setting to get hands-on practice.
- Online and in-person: each week, the instructor releases a pre-recorded lecture and supporting videos which prepare students for weekly studio sessions on campus.
- Remote and online: a class meets in Zoom each week to watch a live demonstration and lecture. Throughout the week, the instructor facilitates an online discussion board.