Types of classes at PCC
PCC offers classes in several ways to better support the many ways our students learn. The class schedule includes:
- In-person classes take place at specific times and locations listed in the schedule.
- Due to COVID-19 closures, many classes are being held partially or fully remote at those specific days and times.
- Class materials may be delivered in-person or online, depending on the class.
- Remote classes require students to be online at a specific day and time listed for participating in class activities, such as lectures or group work.
- Class generally takes place over Zoom sessions.
- Classes may have assignments which need to be completed online and outside of the regular class meeting times.
- Online classes do not have specified meeting times and are typically not live nor do they require students to be logged in at a specific time.
- Regular online interaction is required between faculty and students for online classes.
- All class materials are delivered online.
- Classes do have specific assignment deadlines.
- Some instructors may schedule optional, live, online meetings and office hours.