Well-being, safety, discrimination, or harassment

  • Are you concerned about yourself or someone else’s safety? Call Public Safety at 971-722-4902. If it is an emergency, call 971-722-4444.
  • Have you experienced, or witnessed discrimination, or harassment? Are you concerned about someone’s well-being? Do you need personal well-being support? Use the Report an Incident form and help keep everyone safe.

Portland Community College cares about your experiences at the college. This page describes several options for submitting appeals, raising concerns, filing complaints, and sharing feedback with the college. Let us assure you, the college takes them seriously, and we do what we can to resolve issues. Without your feedback, we have no way of knowing how to improve.

For questions or assistance on the processes, contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Support.

Appeals – money


If you were unable to complete a course due to extenuating circumstances beyond your control, you may file a tuition appeal. This type of appeal is for students who have experienced a hardship beyond their control. You may request a non-refundable tuition credit to be applied towards future enrollment. The deadline to submit an appeal is within 90 days from the end of the term being appealed.

If you are seeking both a non-refundable tuition credit and transcript records change, you will need to submit two separate appeals: one for the non-refundable tuition credit, and the other will be an academic records appeal. See “academic records appeal” below for information.

Financial aid

Financial aid students who don’t meet financial aid satisfactory academic progress for two or more terms may be required to submit an appeal to request their financial aid eligibility be reinstated on a probationary status. The Financial Aid Office will email you instructions if you need to do this.

If you’ve experienced a significant reduction or loss of income, you can file a change in income appeal to request your eligibility be re-evaluated based on more recent income documentation.

Appeals – academic

Academic records appeal

If you experienced a sudden and extenuating circumstance beyond your control that prevented you from meeting a published deadline, you may appeal for an exception to have your academic records updated. The deadline to submit an appeal is within 90 days from the end of the term.

There are two different appeals you will need to fill out if you are seeking both a tuition voucher (money) and transcript record appeal (grade).

Academic progress suspension

A student placed on Academic Suspension due to extenuating circumstances may appeal. Extenuating circumstances that may be considered for an appeal include: documented personal illness or accident, serious illness or death within immediate family, or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the student.

You can appeal by completing the academic suspension appeal form. Before submitting your appeal, review PCC’s academic standards.

Term final grade dispute

PCC students have the right to clear instructions and grading criteria for assigned work. Your grades will be based solely on your in-class coursework. You have a right to challenge a Term Final Grade if you believe the grade is not based on work done, or not outlined in the class syllabus. For example, if you believe your grade was based on opinions expressed in class and/or coursework, on instructor bias, any other non-academic assessment, or there was an error, you should you should review the term final grade appeal procedure, then use the complaint form to file an appeal.


General feedback

We would love to hear what we did well! The best way to compliment, or recognize a PCC faculty or staff member, or highlight a positive experience is to contact them directly. Staff information may be found in the Staff Directory.

We are always working on improving our services and the student experience. If you have a suggestion, please use the Complaint Form.

Course evaluations

Course Evaluations are offered to registered students of credit classes taught at PCC. They are a great place to share information about your experience with a course. The evaluations collect general feedback about the quality, and delivery of classes. They are available online near the end of the term in MyPCC.

All course evaluations are completely confidential and voluntary. After submitting the evaluation, you will receive an email confirmation. For questions, email courseevaluations@pcc.edu.


You may have concerns about the learning environment, quality of instruction, or educational experience. Our goal is that students are satisfied with the education, and services received at PCC. If you do have feedback about any aspect of your experience, services received, quality of instruction, or interaction with staff, you may follow our complaint process to seek resolution, or just be heard.

If your attempts to resolve the issue informally have failed, you may complete a Online Complaint/Feedback Form.

Complaints, and feedback received will be reviewed within 2 to 5 business days. If the Appeals, Complaints, and Feedback Office staff are unable to assist in resolution, it will be referred to the appropriate college administrator for review, and response.

Contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Support at Appeals.Complaints.Feedback@pcc.edu.