If you were unable to complete a course due to circumstances beyond your control, you may file an online Tuition Appeal. If approved, a tuition voucher of 25% to 100% will be applied to your account in an upcoming term. Tuition vouchers expire one year after they are awarded. Appeals do not cover non-refundable lab and other course fees, nor do they change the grade assigned by your instructor. Other restrictions apply. Notification of the outcome of your appeal will be sent to your MyPCC email address within 30 days of receipt. Before submitting your appeal, please review PCC’s registration policies and the appeal requirements listed below.
Wait. You may not need to file an appeal...
If your issues are related to the quality of instruction, your educational experience, or you feel you have been mis-advised, use the complaint process. Your complaint will be reviewed by the appropriate college administrator. In extreme cases, you may be allowed to retake the course at no cost, or receive a full or partial tuition waiver.
If you think there is an error on your account, don't file an appeal. Contact Student Account Services within 30 days and we will look into the matter for you. If you are not happy with the outcome, then you can file a tuition appeal.
All requirements must be met before your appeal will be considered. Before submitting your appeal, carefully review the information below and verify your account balance by logging into the MyPCC Paying for College tab, clicking Student account information, then clicking Account Summary by Term.
- Payment: You must pay all past due charges on your account, including the amount under appeal. If you are unable to pay the full amount, please call 971-722-8888, option 3 to make payment arrangements.
- Documentation: Include independent documentation that supports the reason for your request, along with any information you believe would be helpful to the committee in making their decision.
- Submission Deadline: Your tuition appeal must be received by the college within 90 days from the end of the term.
To submit your appeal for consideration:
- Go to the MyPCC Paying for College tab
- Click Student account information in the My Account channel
- Click Tuition Appeals
Appeals that do not meet all requirements will be returned without being reviewed.