The Office of Planning & Capital Construction (P&CC) oversees land use and development planning with a college-wide perspective, including the construction of facilities funded by bond measures. P&CC partners with a variety of external regional entities to leverage public resources and efficiently serve the community.
The 2017 bond program focuses on taking care of current college assets, addressing safety/security, and updating technology. This bond is also funding the renovation of the Sylvania Campus Health Technology Building, the Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center, and the Cascade Campus Public Safety Building.
The 2008 bond program expanded PCC’s capacity with new facilities, updated equipment and funded strategic planning tools. Some work from the 2008 bond continues, such as the development of the Fourth and Montgomery project and PCC’s OMIC Training Center.
Current and upcoming projects
- PMWTC Design to Feature High-Tech Wood
- December 17, 2020
- Architects are designing the college’s first project with Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), a type of “mass timber."
- Team Building Succeeds at OMIC
- September 10, 2020
- A collaborative method known as Design-Build is creating the OMIC Training Center
- PCC Affordable Housing Plans Cemented
- June 12, 2020
- PCC and Home Forward are working together to build and operate affordable housing units
- View more ...