BT - Business Technology Instructor Qualifications
Most recent minutes date from 1996
- Master’s degree in Business or Education required with a minimum of 30 quarter hours in a combination of Business Technology skills and methods of teaching Business Technology skills.
- Working knowledge of assigned subject required. Educational course work in the subjects to be taught preferred. Three years non-teaching experience in business required. Some teaching experience preferred.
- The same standards would ideally hold for hiring adjunct faculty. However see options on the college INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL form
- The following paragraph would be used to determine competency under the final option on that form.
- Bachelor’s Degree , working knowledge of subject area , and some teaching experience.
- Demonstrated competence in subject area through education and/or work experience.
Revised Date: 10/29/1994
- General Requirements: Master’s Degree in Business Ed. or Admin. required with a minimum of 30 quarter hours in a combination of office skills and methods of teaching office skills. Specific skill development as well as educational course work must be in subjects that will be a part of the teaching assignment.”
- Master’s Degree in Business Ed. or Admin. preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required. One degree must be in Business. Instructor should have specific experience with the software taught in each of these courses or demonstrate competency in the software to be taught.
Business Technology Specialty
- Master’s Degree in Business Ed. or Admin. preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required One degree must be in Business. Demonstrated competence in subject area through education and / or work experience.
Revised Date: 02/19/2009