Core Outcomes: Community and Environmental Responsibility
Demonstrate Effective Community Interaction
- Assess own knowledge, participation, and skills in thinking about and acting on local issues.
- Analyze community and global issues and develop strategies for informed response.
- Evaluate personal and organization characteristics, skills, and strategies that facilitate the accomplishment of mutual goals.
- Respond to community issues and contribute to the community.
Apply Scientific Methods
- Interpret social, natural, and physical phenomena using scientific methods of assessment.
- Identify how natural phenomena impact human activity.
- Apply scientific standards and practices that recognize the interdependence between people and the natural world.
- Identify and evaluate solutions to community and environmental problems.
Analyze Cultural Impact
- Analyze varying viewpoints, priorities, and standards regarding how humans interact with the environment and its limitations and resources.
- Identify how culture affects people’s responses to and sense of responsibility toward the community and the environment, including the creation and dissemination of images and ideas through various media.
Limited application of knowledge and skills.
Identify current social and environmental issues.
Describe one’s own roles in the community.
Identify methods of participation in civic and environmental action.
Basic application of knowledge and skills.
Identify causes and/or solutions to one or two social and environmental issues.
Identify the benefits to the community of service to individuals and/or the community as a whole.
Demonstrates participation in civic and environmental action.
Predict the consequences of solutions to one or two social and environmental issues.
Demonstrates comprehension and is able to apply essential knowledge and skill.
Suggest a new and unique solution to a current social and an environmental issue.
Collect information on a specific community issue.
Relate the role community involvement in their learning process.
Describe the relationship of the democratic process to community problem-solving.
Evaluate the impact of one’s own daily actions on the community and the environment.
Demonstrates thorough, effective and/or sophisticated application of knowledge and skills.
Critically evaluate the causes, consequences and solutions of social issues.
Recommend a solution to a community issue based on information collected.
Takes active roles in community problem-solving.
Critically evaluates the causes, consequences and solutions of environmental issues.
Recommend and rank daily actions for their impact on the community and the environment.