Peer Reviewed Articles
Peer reviewed articles go through rigorous screening before publication in a peer reviewed journal.
- Experts or professionals conduct a study.
- They write an article about their study.
- They send a draft of the article to journal editor, who sends the article
to other experts in the field (peers of the authors) for review prior to publishing. Experts verify that data collection & analysis were valid, and the conclusions logical; suggest revisions.
- Journal editor returns draft article to the original experts or professionals for revision.
- The article is published.
Finding Peer Reviewed Articles
From Homepage Library Search Box:
- Select the “Articles” tab.
- Check the “Peer Reviewed” checkbox and press the search button.
From Article Databases: After conducting your initial keyword search, look for a checkbox with the words “peer reviewed” to limit your article results to peer reviewed articles.