PCC Tutoring is an appointment based service that is available to registered students. We offer free support services in each campus-based center and online in Zoom. Walk-ins are welcomed!
PCC Tutoring Services offers free content support for students registered in classes during the current term. Supporting over 50 different departments, tutoring allows students quick access to tutors to clarify concepts and deepen their understanding of the homework material.
Monday – Thursday, 10am – 6pm
In person and online
- Go to https://trac.pcc.edu/
- Sign in with your PCC username and password
- Click “Schedule a Tutoring Appointment” on the PCC TracCloud homepage.
- Answer the questions on the 3 dropdown menus
- Choose “First Available Appointment”
- Choose your class
- Reason: Choose “Tutoring” for any subject other than writing
- Reason: Choose “Reading & Writing” if you would like to meet with a Reading & Writing Tutor
- Scheduling Screen: To schedule your appointment, choose the date and time.
- To make an in-person appointment: Click “Confirm”
- To make an online appointment: Check the “Online” box and the “Confirm”
- You will get an email to your PCC email with the date, time, and location (campus center or Zoom link).
PCC Tutoring Services
- PCC Tutoring – Student Learning Center (SLC) supports classroom-centered activities, and as such, the emphasis and content of the tutoring sessions is determined by the student’s needs. Tutors provide individual and/or group tutoring to students across a broad range of courses based on their personal area of expertise. Tutors meet with students to clarify and review concepts taught in class, explain processes and help students solve specific problems.
- PCC Tutoring – Reading and Writing Center (RWC) is here to assist with any reading or writing task for any subject. RWC supports students with understanding and breaking down assignments; with overcoming writer’s or reader’s block; with organizing and synthesizing reading assignments; with strategies for drafting, with revising and editing written work; with evaluating, integrating, and citing sources; with writing scholarship essays, resumes and more.
- PCC Tutoring – We welcome all registered students to visit the campus based centers for details on the services, including the Science/Biology Centers and Speech Preparation Labs.
- SLC Appointment Policy: Students can make one appointment per subject per day.
- RWC Appointment Policy: Students can make three writing appointments a week.
- Cascade Campus information: SLC & RWC: Terrell Hall (TH) Room 123
Student Learning Center is located through the double door in the south central portion of building. Doors on west wall of north/south corridor, with automatic door opener to the right.
- Rock Creek Campus Information: SLC & RWC: Building 7 (BLDG7), Room 218
Student Learning Center is located on the east side of building on the 2nd floor. Double door with automatic door opener on right, accessible from north-south corridor.
- Southeast Campus Information: SLC & RWC: Library (LIB) 1st floor
Student Learning Center is located on north side of common space, west of main entry to the Southeast library on the first floor.
- Sylvania Campus Information: SLC & RWC: Library (LIB) Room 140
Student Learning Center is located in southwest end of first floor of the library, near southern entrance to library. Reception and sign-in area are to the left of doors, outside of the center.
Sunday – Saturday, 5:30am – 11pm
Visit the Western eTutoring Consortium to access free online tutoring provided by PCC tutors and professional tutors from colleges across the country. This support is available to all for-credit PCC students. View the Western eTutoring Consortium schedule for subject availability.
- Live Tutoring via Zoom allows you to meet with a tutor via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered in every subject.
- eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any subject area we support.
- The Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor’s response within 24-48 hours.
For questions about the Western Consortium’s eTutoring offerings or navigation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team
View the job descriptions below for fall term positions, and please submit an interest form to apply.
PCC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution. If you experience disability-related barriers or anticipate a need for accommodations when using tutoring, please complete our special requests form (open week 3 through week 7) or connect with Accessible Ed & Disability Resources.
Find tutoring support that meets your needs
- View the schedule of subjects and tutors available from PCC Tutoring Services and eTutoring.
- Book a scheduled appointment.
- Check in with your instructor during their scheduled office hours (see your course syllabus).
- After using one of our available resources, follow the instructions below to let us know what worked in your session and what additional support might be needed.
Make a request (opens week 3)
- After you have tried our drop-in or appointment services
- When you need support with an accommodation
- To help us explore a subject area that is not currently listed
Allow up to 48 hours for a response (Monday through Friday).
Your experiences matter! Please help us continue to improve our services by completing a short feedback form.