PCC has a variety of equipment available to students on a term-by-term basis. Current students can borrow much of this equipment from the library with ease. We also offer specialized equipment loans (for items such as laptops) that need approval.
General Equipment Loans
Current students can check out the following items from the library without prior approval. We also offer more Specialized Loans.
Contact any of our offices to schedule individual or group equipment training.
These lightweight units have a full keyboard and the ability to save multiple documents or spreadsheets. They run on rechargeable AA batteries and go several days on a single charge. You can send files to computers or printers via USB. Both the Dana and Neo models are available – the Neo allows for large type.
Laptops for short-term use
Students who need to use voice recognition software can check out laptops for four hours at a time. We recommend reserving one of the library rooms for a quiet space to work. A microphone is included.
There are a wide range of keyboards available for use. The library can put them in classroom locations upon request. Examples include curved ergonomic split keyboards, large print high-contrast keyboards, and compact keyboards.
- Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000
- Datalux TUGUW space-saving USB keyboard
- Chester Creek VisionBoard 2 large print keyboard
- Datalux MUGUC space-saving USB keyboard
- Ergonomic gel keyboard wrist rest
- Adesso Tru-Form Pro ergonomic keyboard
- Ai Squared ZoomText large-print keyboard
- Keys-U-See large print USB keyboard
There are a variety of alternate input options available.
- Microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000
- Evoulent vertical right-handed mouse 2 optical
- Evoulent vertical left-handed mouse 2 optical
- Cirque EasyCat USB touchpad
- Logitech Trackman marble mouse
- 4D finger scroll mouse
- Kensington expert mouse
- Kensington turbo mouse trackball
- Wacom graphire tablet
There are a variety of tools available used to amplify a speaker’s voice. FM systems have two parts – the speaker wears a microphone and transmitter, and the student wears headphones and a receiver. The library also has self contained units, microphones, and other specialized devices.
- Comtek AT-216 digitally synthesized wireless auditory assistance kit
- Conference-Mate FM wireless conference microphone adapter
- 3M Littmann Electronic Stethoscope 3100
- Lapel microphone
- WilliamsSound Pocketalker Ultra
- WilliamsSound personal P.A. system 400
- WilliamsSound hearing helper FM transmitter and receiver
Magnification and display aids
The library has low-tech magnification tools such as magnifying sheets and glasses, as well as higher tech hand-held devices that use a camera and light to magnify.
Calculators and dictionaries
The library has Franklin spellers and talking calculators for both basic arithmetic and scientific functions.
- Reizen 10 digit talking calculator
- Sci-Plus 300 talking scientific calculator
- Orbit Orion TI-34 talking scientific calculator
- Franklin SCD-1870A talking Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary
- Sci-Plus 200 low vision scientific calculator
The library has headset microphones and goose-neck table-top units that connect with USB.
Players and Recorders
The library has cassette or digital recorders and players, as well as other specialized DAISY book format devices.
- Victor Reader Vibe
- Plextalk pocket PTP1 book reader and recorder
- Olympus digital recorders
- Panasonic RQ L51 cassette dictaphone
- Sony TCM-150 cassette recorder and player
The library has adjustable angle reading desks, articulating arms, and gel keyboard or mouse pad rests.
We loan specialized equipment on a term-by-term basis, approval needed. These loans let students try different approaches, and are not meant for ongoing personal use. The goal is for students to find what works and make their own plan for ongoing access.
These are typically loaded with specialized software.
Specialized magnification options
Our office provides options such as the LVI Magnilink video magnifier, CCTV units, and high-resolution cameras.
Livescribe smart pens and dot paper create multimedia notes. We provide Echo pens and 3D recording earbuds on a “try it before you buy it” basis, limited to a single term.
PCC Bookstores also sell Livescribes and supplies. You can use financial aid. We offer Livescribe training for students, faculty, and staff.
iPads and Android tablets
We loan iPads and Android tablets to students who experience specific vision impacts and need a portable CCTV option, zoom, or text to speech. Loaners are prioritized for those with both alternate format and direct classroom needs.
Make a request
Learn about getting started with Accessible Ed & Disability Resources and making accommodation requests on the accommodation process page.