Summit is the combined catalog of member libraries of the Orbis Cascade Alliance. These Pacific Northwest academic libraries have joined together to allow easy searching, requesting, and delivery of more than 27 million items to credit students, staff and faculty.
How to search Summit
Materials can be located using the library search. Items with a yellow dot followed by “check holdings” are available from Summit libraries.
Requesting Summit items
- Find the item you want using the library search.
- Click on the “Availability & Request Options” link near the title.
- Click on the “Request from another Summit Library (about 5 days)” link.
- On the “Resource Sharing Request” page, select pickup location.
- If your request is for an item, volume, or part of a multiple-part item, please indicate this in the “Volume” field. Example: “Volume 37″, or “CD.” Place one request for each item, volume, or part that you need.
- A “Request Submitted” confirmation screen will indicate that the request has been placed.
- Once completed, select “Sign Out” in the upper right corner of the page. Then, close the browser window to ensure that your account is closed completely.
- If your request cannot be filled, an email will notify the user that the Summit request was cancelled. If the item is not available through Summit, consider placing a new request using interlibrary loan.
- Materials can be picked up at the requested PCC location in about five days.
Status of request
- Use the PCC Library search and sign in to “My Account” with a PCC username and password.
- Select “My Account” (on the upper right).
- Select “Requests” (on the left)
- Those who have visiting patron accounts at other Summit institutions can select that institution to see loans, requests, etc. placed at that location.
Arrival and pick-up of items
- A PCC email will notify the requester when the item is available for pick up.
- Items must be picked up within seven calendar days after they are available.
- Regular loan period: Six weeks with no renewal.
- Short-term loan period: Six days with no renewal (videos and CDs).
- Important: Do not remove or discard the book bands, stickers, or accompanying paging slips from Summit items to ensure that returned items are properly removed from the user’s patron record.
Summit borrowing policies
Summit visiting patron program
- PCC borrowers can visit other Summit libraries to check out materials.
- At the other institution, users must log into their PCC Library account to verify their current active status.
- Once “adopted” by the other library, PCC borrowers can begin using the other library’s materials.
- Non-PCC borrowers can also be adopted at PCC Library. Once “adopted”, they may begin checking out PCC-owned materials.