Transfer credits to PCC
Mail official transcripts to:
Secure electronic delivery is the preferred method for receiving official transcripts at PCC. Send your official transcripts to email@example.com. Transcripts must be sent directly from your previous institution to PCC. We cannot accept electronic transcripts sent from students.
Paper transcripts can be mailed to:
PCC Student Records
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
Official transcripts come directly from the sending institution in a sealed envelope or an e-transcript notification.
Get credit for work you’ve done at other schools! Use these steps to transfer credits from four-year schools and exams. For other types of learning, see credit for prior learning.
Have your previous school mail official transcripts to PCC Student Records.
Once we get your transcripts, request a transfer credit evaluation in MyPCC.
Watch your email
You’ll get a message in your PCC email when the evaluation is complete.
How long does it take?
Close to graduating?
If you’re not registered this term and your transferred credits will complete your degree or certificate, submit an application for graduation so we can evaluate your record.
We evaluate transcripts on a first-come, first-served basis. Turnaround time depends on the volume of requests and factors such as end of term awarding. While you’re waiting, you can submit an unofficial transcript for a prerequisite override.
Some common standards for credit acceptance:
- Courses must be passed with grade C- or better. (P and S grades are transferable if the issuing school defines them as C- or better.)
- We evaluate lower division collegiate (LDC) coursework. See the catalog for more about LDC coursework.
- We evaluate upper division coursework on student request.
- Career technical coursework (CTE) may transfer on departmental approval.
- If you are undeclared, we only transfer credits needed to meet standard prerequisites, or other commonly used preparatory coursework in a subject (e.g. Biology).
- For AP exam standards, see Advanced Placement information.
- For IB exam standards, see International Baccalaureate information.
- For international credits, see Evaluation of Foreign transcripts.
- Credits from non-regionally accredited schools will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Syllabi will be required for evaluation. Transfer credit is not guaranteed.
View your credits
Once the evaluation is complete, your unofficial transcript in MyPCC shows transferred courses. If you don’t see a course, it did not meet the standards for acceptance (see above).
- Why are some of my transfer courses listed as 1XX or 2XX?
If there isn’t an equivalent course at PCC, we assigned 1XX or 2XX in the closest subject area. Often, these courses still meet specific PCC degree requirements.
- Why do grades from my transfer classes have a ‘T’ in front of them?
This means the course was transferred in to PCC. For example, a ‘B’ earned at another school will appear as ‘TB’ on your unofficial PCC transcript. These grades will not appear on your official transcript. Instead, your PCC transcript will show a summary of total credits transferred.
- Will my transferred grades affect my GPA?
Transfer grades are not included in your GPA on PCC transcripts.