Academic standards are the minimum requirements that students must meet to keep taking classes at PCC. All students must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete ⅔ of attempted credits each term with a grade A, B, C, D, or P
Your academic standing tells you if you are meeting the academic standards. The day after grades are posted, you’ll get an email with your standing info and your standing icon will update in MyPCC.
If you do not meet academic standards, your standing will change to one of the following:
Academic standards not met for 1 term
- What happens: you are encouraged to meet with an advisor
- To return to good standing: meet academic standards next term
Academic standards not met for 2 terms
- What happens: you are required to meet with an advisor
- To return to good standing: develop a success plan and work toward meeting academic standards
Academic standards not met for 3 terms
- What happens: a registration hold is placed on your account
- To return to good standing: apply to return to PCC and work toward meeting academic standards
For questions about your academic standing, please contact email@example.com[opens in new window].