Why should you talk to an academic advisor?
PCC advisors are here to help you maximize your college experience, whether you’re a new student, returning student, or are currently enrolled.
Our mission is to support students’ intellectual growth, empower students to clarify and attain their diverse academic, personal and professional goals, foster student retention, and promote student success.
We can help with
Before your appointment
- Complete the admissions process.
- Bring any transcripts and course descriptions you have from other colleges or universities.
- Planning to transfer from PCC? Research different colleges and universities.
- Explore PCC’s academic programs.
- Review your GRAD Plan online or create a sample schedule for the upcoming term.
- Make a list of your questions!
Academic Advising Centers
Visit any of these locations for general academic advising. You need to see another advisor if you are an international student or are already enrolled in a career or technical program, so check with your program first.
- Location: Student Services Building, first floor, 705 N Killingsworth St. Portland, OR 97217
- Phone: 971-722-5271
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-6pm
- Friday: 8:30am-4pm (no full-time advisor available on Wednesdays from 9am-11am)
- Summer closures:
- August 24: open at 2pm
- Drop-in: Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-3:30pm. Arrive at least 30 minutes before closing. During registration period (week 7 through the start of term), plan for longer waits (30 minutes to 2+ hours.) We recommend calling ahead for estimated wait time.
- Appointment: Appointments available beginning week 2 through the end of the term. Call at least two weeks in advance of when you wish to be seen.
- Appointments are required for new student placement holds, financial aid time-frame extensions and appeals, academic standing issues, (academic probation learning contracts, midterm reports, suspension re-entry learning contracts), veterans hold, and long-range academic planning.
- Location: 775 SE Baseline Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- Phone: 971-722-6800
- Hours: By appointment only.
- Location: 135 Werth Blvd., Newberg, OR 97132
- Phone: 971-722-8602
- Hours: Advising by appointment and drop-in available. Please call 971-722-8602 to schedule.
- Location: Building 9, Room 108, 17705 NW Springville Rd. Portland, OR 97229
- Phone: 971-722-7297
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-6pm
- Friday: 10am-4pm (no advising available 8am-10am Fridays for staff meetings)
- October 24
- October 31: 9am -12pm
- December 4: 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Drop-in: Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 10am-3:30pm. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing. Drop-in advising sessions will only last ten minutes.
- Appointment: Appointments are available beginning week 2 through week 6 of the term. Call at least two weeks in advance of when you wish to be seen.
- Appointments are required for financial aid time-frame extensions and appeals.
- No appointments are available during peak advising times: the first week of term, and weeks 7, 8, and 9 of term. Please anticipate long wait times during peak advising times. Please arrive at least two hours before closing during peak advising times.
- Location: SCOMM 116 (check in at Information Services), 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR 97216
- Phone: 971-722-6240
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm (no full-time advisor available after 5pm)
- Friday: 8:30am-3:30pm
- Monday through Friday advising drop-ins/appointments will be unavailable between 12:00pm-1:00pm.
- November 2: Closed 12:45 to 2:15pm
- November 30: Open at 10:15am
- December 21: Open at 10:15am
- Drop-in: Arrive at least one hour before closing. No appointments will be available during peak advising times: the week prior to the start of term, the first week of term, and weeks 7, 8, and 9 of term. During registration period (week 7 through the start of term), plan for longer waits (30 minutes to 2+ hours).
- Appointment: Appointments are reserved for appeals and contracts only. Appointments available beginning week 2 through week 7 of the term. Call at least two weeks in advance of when you wish to be seen.
- Appointments are required for financial aid time-frame extensions and appeals, and academic standing issues (academic probation learning contracts, academic suspension re-entry learning contracts).
- Location: CC 209, 12000 SW 49th Ave. Portland, OR 97219
- Phone: 971-722-4531
- Monday – Wednesday: 9am to 6pm
- Thursday: 10am to 6pm
- Friday: 9am to 4pm
- Drop-in availability:
- We generally have one staff member available for drop-in from 9am-4pm for quick questions and short-term planning.
- Wait times can vary greatly, but are generally 30 mins or less.
- Call ahead of time to ensure there will be staff available.
- All staff are on drop-in during peak registration periods:
- The week registration begins and the week after registration begins.
- The week prior to the term starting and the week of the term starting.
- Prepare for long wait times, 30 minutes through 2 hours.
- Please come 1.5 hours prior to closing or you may not be seen.
- Appointment availability:
- Week 2 to Week 7 of the term
- Week 10 until the week before a new term starts.
- Call to schedule an appointment.
Fully online students
If you’re a fully online student, you can contact a Distance Education Advisor.