Grading guidelines

PCC uses the traditional graded system of A, B, C, D, and F. In addition, degree or certificate requirements may designate certain courses as pass/no pass only, and Continuing Education uses marks such as SC and NSC.

A student may repeat a course for a higher grade under certain conditions. If a student feels they received the wrong grade, they should follow the instructions in grade disputes.

Read the Academic Standards and Practices Handbook: Grading Guidelines for the complete grading policy and Grade Definitions.

Repeated courses

All grades earned will appear on the transcript. The highest grade earned for a course will be calculated into the GPA and the total credit hours earned; all other grades earned for that course will be excluded from the GPA and the credit hours earned. If a course can be taken more than once for credit, the oldest grade for that course will be excluded only when the repeat limit is exceeded. Read more at Repeat Policy FAQs.

Term final grade dispute

If you feel there has been an error in a grade your instructor assigned, contact your instructor immediately. If a grade dispute cannot be resolved with your instructor, follow the term final grade dispute appeal procedure within 90 days after receiving the grade. Note that requests for grade changes after 90 days will not be considered unless your instructor agrees.