The Hillsboro Center, a satellite facility of the Rock Creek Campus, opened in winter 2002. The Hillsboro Center is located at 775 SE Baseline Street in the Hillsboro Intermodal Transit Facility (parking structure), across from Tuality Hospital. Free parking is available on the first and second floors (public parking) of the transit facility and can be accessed from either 7th or 8th avenues. The Hillsboro Center has updated classroom technology, wireless Internet access, a testing room, a study room, three classrooms, a computer lab/classroom, an art room/classroom and commons area.
Fall term hours of operation
(September 23 – December 13)
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30am-9pm
- Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm
Classes at the Hillsboro Center are offered mornings, afternoon and evenings. (View schedule of Hillsboro classes. Also available as a PDF: Hillsboro class schedule flyer.) The Hillsboro Center offers a variety of university transfer courses in Arts/Letters, Social Sciences, and Math/Sciences. Professional/Technical classes include computers and graphic design. Developmental reading, writing, and math are also offered. English as a Second Language classes are offered every term.
Please note: The Hillsboro Center does not offer any ABE or high school equivalency classes. Call the Rock Creek ABE Office at 971-722-7683 for more information.
Testing and Academic Advising
We offer placement testing by appointment for reading/writing and math. The math placement test, ALEKS, can be done at home through your MyPCC. However, you can do ALEKS at our center if it’s more convenient for you.
We also do proctored testing for PCC students taking PCC classes. Contact your instructor to see if they will agree to us proctoring your test. Contact us to set a time and have the instructor email the test to our center.
We also offer general academic advising by appointment for incoming and returning students. Unfortunately, we are unable to do advising for academic probation and suspension. Please call one of the Academic Advising Offices at one of the main campuses for probation/suspension advising. The closest office to the Hillsboro Center is Rock Creek. You can contact them at 971-722-7297.
Study Room and Computer Lab
Due to limited space, currently-enrolled Hillsboro Center students have priority use of the Study Room and Computer Lab. Other PCC students may be asked to give up a computer. Printing is for Hillsboro Center students only. PCC Online Learning and other PCC students can seek computer resources at the Rock Creek Campus.
Books can be purchased online or from the Rock Creek bookstore.
Hillsboro Center news
- Planning to Plan
- November 15, 2019
- PCC embarked on the strategic planning process this fall, to create a tangible path forward that ensures the college delivers on its commitment to opportunity and equitable student success for the students and communities it serve
- Listening Sessions Coming Soon!
- October 14, 2019
- The fall term marks the launch of PCC’s Strategic Planning process, one that will offer a future forecast on both […]
- Networking Opp for MWESB Contractors
- February 20, 2019
- Contractors who qualify as MWESB and SDV – minority, women, emerging small businesses, and service disabled veterans – are invited to participate in a workshop hosted by Portland Community College on Thursday, Feb. 28, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Community Hall Annex at the Southeast Campus
- View more ...