Columbia County Center
PCC OMIC Training Center
Find a career in a growing field
Ready to upgrade from a job to a long-term career? Consider training offered at the PCC OMIC Training Center in Scapoose, including:
- Apprenticeships and Trades
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- CADD 136: Intermediate AutoCAD
- CADD 175: SolidWorks Fundamentals
- Machine Manufacturing Technician Career Pathway
- Welding Technology Career Pathways
- See current credit classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
- Adult Basic Education and GED®
- Mechatronics training programs
- See current non-credit and Community Education classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
About PCC OMIC Training Center
The OMIC Training Center is part of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center initiative, which brings together industry, academia, and government to address the problems facing Oregon manufacturers through a combination of applied research and development and workforce training. The unique collaborative model supports the development of innovative technologies, processes, and materials, as well as the skilled workforce needed to fill high-demand advanced manufacturing jobs.
The Training Center will offer a variety of manufacturing-related training programs ranging from traditional career and technical education training to apprenticeship models that combine on-the-job training with classroom and lab instruction. With an emphasis on craftsmanship, professionalism, and placing graduates into high-demand manufacturing jobs, students can complete an apprenticeship program and/or an associate’s degree or certificate leading to an advanced degree.
- Patty Hawkins, PCC OMIC Director
- Michelle Liccardo, Student Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
- Shawna Bechtel, Lead Administrative Assistant
- David Poole, Student Success and Career Coach
- Sarah Burns, Fab Lab Coordinator – Fab Lab schedule
For updates on the OMIC Training Center and other PCC activity in Columbia County, sign up for the Columbia County Connection Newsletter.
You can also follow the OMIC Training Center on LinkedIn.
- A Day That's Gaining STEAM
- November 8, 2023
- PCC's network of STEM and STEAM labs are introducing students and the community to technology and manufacturing that will help build future skills
- Hundreds of Students Flock to OMIC
- October 9, 2023
- PCC's Manufacturing Day at the OMIC Training Center inspired the region's future innovators with hands-on experiences
- Trailblazing NHRA Champion Pit-Stops at OMIC
- September 12, 2023
- Brown is the first African American champion in drag racing history, winning the Top Fuel dragster championship in 2012, 2015 and 2016.
- NAYA Tours College's Manufacturing Hub
- June 14, 2023
- Two dozen youth toured PCC's advanced manufacturing center in Columbia County as part of the college's effort to reach out to underserved populations
- High Five: PCC Impresses U.S. Commerce Secretary
- April 6, 2023
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo along with Ron Wyden, Suzanne Bonamici and Governor Tina Kotek hosted a public roundtable at PCC's Willow Creek Opportunity Center to discuss the semiconductor industry
- View more OMIC news...
- December 1, 2023: Supporting Women in Manufacturing, time TBA
Hands-on activities around manufacturing processes. Learn about women’s experiences in the industry.
- February 15, 2024: Info Session, 6-7:30pm
Learn about the programs and opportunities at the OMIC Training Center.
- February 2024: Robotics Month
February is CTE month with robotics and guest lecturers at the PCC OMIC Training Center.
- April 2024: Career Fair