Columbia County Center
34001 NE Wagner Ct, Scappoose, OR 97056 | 971-722-1818
center map | map of accessible features
PCC OMIC Training Center
Attend an information session to learn about placement testing and signing up for classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center.
Register for an info session »
You must register in advance. After registering, you’ll get a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session.
Find a career in a growing field
Ready to upgrade from a job to a long-term career? Consider training offered at the PCC OMIC Training Center in Scapoose, including:
- Apprenticeships and Trades
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- CADD 136: Intermediate AutoCAD
- CADD 175: SolidWorks Fundamentals
- Machine Manufacturing Technician Career Pathway
- Welding Technology Career Pathways
- See current credit classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
- Adult Basic Education and GED®
- Mechatronics training programs
- See current non-credit and Community Education classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
Columbia County Career Fair
Join fellow employers, organizations, and industry trade representatives on Thursday, April 27 from 9am-5pm at the PCC OMIC Training Center. Download the Career Fair flyer.
Fab Lab Grand Opening
Be a maker! The PCC OMIC Training Center Fab Lab is a community space for learning, sharing, and exploration. Join us to celebrate the grand opening on May 12 from 12-6pm. The Fab Lab has 3D printing, laser cutting, virtual reality audio-visual equipment, and arts and crafts. Download the Fab Lab Grand Opening flyer and learn more at pcc.edu.maker.
About PCC OMIC Training Center
The OMIC Training Center is part of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center initiative, which brings together industry, academia, and government to address the problems facing Oregon manufacturers through a combination of applied research and development and workforce training. The unique collaborative model supports the development of innovative technologies, processes, and materials, as well as the skilled workforce needed to fill high-demand advanced manufacturing jobs.
The Training Center will offer a variety of manufacturing-related training programs ranging from traditional career and technical education training to apprenticeship models that combine on-the-job training with classroom and lab instruction. With an emphasis on craftsmanship, professionalism, and placing graduates into high-demand manufacturing jobs, students can complete an apprenticeship program and/or an associate’s degree or certificate leading to an advanced degree.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a one-on-one appointment, please contact us or request a tour.
- Patty Hawkins, PCC OMIC Director
- Rand Brown, PCC OMIC Industry Outreach and Training Coordinator
- Robin Gill, Student Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
- Shawna Bechtel, Lead Administrative Assistant
- David Poole, Student Success and Career Coach
- Sarah Burns, Fab Lab Coordinator
For updates on the OMIC Training Center and other PCC activity in Columbia County, sign up for the Columbia County Connection Newsletter.
You can also follow the OMIC Training Center on LinkedIn.
For transportation options, see the Columbia County Rider.
- High Five: PCC Impresses U.S. Commerce Secretary
- April 6, 2023
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo along with Ron Wyden, Suzanne Bonamici and Governor Tina Kotek hosted a public roundtable at PCC's Willow Creek Center to discuss the semiconductor industry
- PCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Focus Pays Off
- January 12, 2023
- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici champions $910,000 for PCC’s semiconductor and advanced manufacturing workforce training
- Patty Hawkins to lead OMIC Training
- November 29, 2022
- Hawkins has more than 22 years of experience at PCC working with underserved students and communities
- View more OMIC news...
Ready to become a PCC student?
Becoming a PCC student is easy! Just complete the steps for new students, starting with admissions.
Admissions: apply today angle right