Swan Island Trades Center
The Swan Island Trades Center is a 20,000-square-foot facility housing the college’s Apprenticeship and Trades department (Facilities Maintenance Technology – HVAC/R, Electrical Trades/Apprenticeship and Fiber Optics). The Center and nearby Cascade Campus, along with expertise from PCC’s CLIMB Center, coordinate continuing education, training, retraining and professional development for Swan Island businesses at this location.
Offered at Swan Island are the Facilities Maintenance Technology two-year degree; Facilities Maintenance Technology and HVAC Installers certificates; Millwright, Industrial Mechanics, Limited Maintenance Electrician, Manufacturing Plant Electrician and Stationary Engineer apprenticeships; and the Limited Building Maintenance Electrician training program.
PCC bought the former Oregon Motor Pool Facility in 2010 with a vision of creating a trades facility within the industrial core of Swan Island to meet the needs of the businesses in the area. In 2012, the State Legislature authorized $1 million to go towards construction of the PCC center in addition to the $7.3 million earmarked from PCC’s 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond.
Swan Island news
- PCC Offers Flu Vaccine/COVID Testing
- November 24, 2020
- The Multnomah County Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Program, in partnership with Multnomah County Communicable Disease Services […]
- College Tackles Text Messages
- November 18, 2020
- On Nov. 14, PCC management learned that individuals posing as potential PCC students had fraudulently obtained PCC-issued email addresses, and […]
- Strategic Planning survey open until 10/30
- October 23, 2020
- Portland Community College’s Strategic Planning process launched more than a year ago, and since then, its Steering Committee has weathered […]
- View more ...