Swan Island Trades Center
The Swan Island Trades Center is a 20,000-square-foot facility housing the college’s Apprenticeship and Trades department (Facilities Maintenance Technology – HVAC/R, Electrical Trades/Apprenticeship and Fiber Optics). The Center and nearby Cascade Campus, along with expertise from PCC’s CLIMB Center, coordinate continuing education, training, retraining and professional development for Swan Island businesses at this location.
Offered at Swan Island are the Facilities Maintenance Technology two-year degree; Facilities Maintenance Technology and HVAC Installers certificates; Millwright, Industrial Mechanics, Limited Maintenance Electrician, Manufacturing Plant Electrician and Stationary Engineer apprenticeships; and the Limited Building Maintenance Electrician training program. The nearby Maritime Welding Training Center also offers a variety of Welding Technology options.
PCC bought the former Oregon Motor Pool Facility in 2010 with a vision of creating a trades facility within the industrial core of Swan Island to meet the needs of the businesses in the area. In 2012, the State Legislature authorized $1 million to go towards construction of the PCC center in addition to the $7.3 million earmarked from PCC’s 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond.
Swan Island news
- Panel Series Showcases Transfer Opportunities
- October 26, 2021
- The upcoming virtual panel series is designed to enhance transfer opportunities for students of color
- Federal emergency funds assist PCC students
- June 30, 2021
- Since March 2020, Portland Community College has been awarded nearly $40 million in federal emergency relief funds to support students […]
- Mitsui, Kelley Announce Retirements
- April 16, 2021
- Kelley to depart in December 2021, and Mitsui to follow in June 2022
- View more ...