Swan Island Trades Center
The Swan Island Trades Center is a 20,000-square-foot facility housing the college’s Apprenticeship and Trades department (Facilities Maintenance Technology – HVAC/R, Electrical Trades/Apprenticeship and Fiber Optics). The Center and nearby Cascade Campus, along with expertise from PCC’s CLIMB Center, coordinate continuing education, training, retraining and professional development for Swan Island businesses at this location.
Offered at Swan Island are the Facilities Maintenance Technology two-year degree; Facilities Maintenance Technology and HVAC Installers certificates; Millwright, Industrial Mechanics, Limited Maintenance Electrician, Manufacturing Plant Electrician and Stationary Engineer apprenticeships; and the Limited Building Maintenance Electrician training program. The nearby Maritime Welding Training Center also offers a variety of Welding Technology options.
PCC bought the former Oregon Motor Pool Facility in 2010 with a vision of creating a trades facility within the industrial core of Swan Island to meet the needs of the businesses in the area. In 2012, the State Legislature authorized $1 million to go towards construction of the PCC center in addition to the $7.3 million earmarked from PCC’s 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond.
Swan Island news
- Staff Welcome Union Pacific to Swan Island
- November 14, 2022
- The national reps visited the Union Pacific Mobile Welding Training and Trades Center that is under construction at the Swan Island
- PCC Builds its Vision To Serve Community
- October 11, 2022
- Through imagery, we look at how past bond construction has transformed PCC’s five-county landscape and boosted student success
- 'Week of Welcome' Begins Monday
- September 21, 2022
- Join the college community for a week's worth of welcome events celebrating Portland Community College students and the return to campus
- View more Swan Island news...