Maritime Welding Training Center
The Vigor and PCC Maritime Welding Training Center is a 4,000-square-foot facility next to the Swan Island shipyards at the Willamette River, where students advance in the art and craft of welding.
Vigor Industrial is the region’s leading provider of shipbuilding, ship repair, ship conversion and complex industrial fabrication. PCC is Oregon’s unrivaled educational entry point to training, skills-building and opportunity, and widely recognized for the excellence of its programs. Together, Vigor and the college offer students unparalleled, hands-on education under the expert guidance of diverse and student-centered faculty. For certificate and degree information, see Welding Technology.
The center exemplifies Vigor and PCC’s shared commitment to equity and inclusion. In 2017-2018, 27 percent of welders in the Maritime Welding Training Center were female-identified or non-binary. Both institutions are second-chance employers helping people overcome histories of incarceration.
Contact us to learn more about opportunities at the Maritime Welding Training Center.
Maritime Welding Training Center news
- Maritime Welding Attracting More Women
- July 25, 2022
- Through collaboration with industry on Swan Island and beyond, welding faculty have created additional educational offerings – maritime welding and maritime shipfitting
- Dr. Bennings Tours Southeast, Cascade
- July 21, 2022
- In her first campus visits, PCC's eighth president and first woman to serve permanently in the role toured the Southeast and Cascade campuses
- PCC Key for 'Future Ready Oregon'
- March 4, 2022
- PCC’s Career Pathways will benefit from this key workforce, equity legislation
- View more ...
Ready to become a PCC student?
Becoming a PCC student is easy! Just complete the steps for new students, starting with admissions.