Maritime Welding Training Center
The Vigor and PCC Maritime Welding Training Center is a 4,000-square-foot facility next to the Swan Island shipyards at the Willamette River, where students advance in the art and craft of welding.
Vigor Industrial is the region’s leading provider of shipbuilding, ship repair, ship conversion and complex industrial fabrication. PCC is Oregon’s unrivaled educational entry point to training, skills-building and opportunity, and widely recognized for the excellence of its programs. Together, Vigor and the college offer students unparalleled, hands-on education under the expert guidance of diverse and student-centered faculty. For certificate and degree information, see Welding Technology.
The center exemplifies Vigor and PCC’s shared commitment to equity and inclusion. In 2017-2018, 27 percent of welders in the Maritime Welding Training Center were female-identified or non-binary. Both institutions are second-chance employers helping people overcome histories of incarceration.
Contact us to learn more about opportunities at the Maritime Welding Training Center.
Maritime Welding Training Center news
- Mitsui, Kelley Announce Retirements
- April 16, 2021
- Kelley to depart in December 2021, and Mitsui to follow in June 2022
- PCC Offers Flu Vaccine/COVID Testing
- November 24, 2020
- The Multnomah County Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Program, in partnership with Multnomah County Communicable Disease Services […]
- College Tackles Text Messages
- November 18, 2020
- On Nov. 14, PCC management learned that individuals posing as potential PCC students had fraudulently obtained PCC-issued email addresses, and […]
- View more ...
Ready to become a PCC student?
Becoming a PCC student is easy! Just complete the steps for new students, starting with admissions.