What is D2L Brightspace?
D2L Brightspace is PCC’s online course and learning management system. D2L Brightspace provides students with a interface for accessing the content of their online courses, including the syllabus, course calendars, lessons, an assignment drop-box, quizzes, and discussion forums.
How do I use D2L Brightspace?
Our D2L Brightspace Quick Start videos are a great way to get oriented to the software.
Who manages D2L Brightspace?
The Online Learning department at PCC manages the D2L Brightspace learning environment.
Accessing your course
There are two main ways you can utilize to log in to D2L Brightspace:
- Using your MyPCC account:
- Log in to MyPCC at my.pcc.edu
- Click on the D2L Brightspace login link
- This link is located in the Quick Links box on the left hand side of the Home tab
- Logging in directly to D2L Brightspace:
- Go to the direct login address for D2L Brightspace at: https://online.pcc.edu
- Sign in with your MyPCC credentials
Note: If you reset your password for MyPCC then it will take up to 24 hours before you can use the direct login method to D2L Brightspace.
Google Apps integration with D2L Brightspace
You can configure your D2L Brightspace account to access files in your PCC Google Drive account. This allows you to easily turn in or attach documents that you created in your PCC Google Drive account within D2L Brightspace.
If you use Google Calendar then you can also add your D2L Brightspace course calendars to your PCC Google Calendar.
If you are having problems logging in to D2L Brightspace, try these steps to log in.
If you are getting a “This account is deactivated” message when attempting to access D2L Brightspace then contact the Student Help Desk for assistance.
If you are having trouble finding or accessing a course, consider the following:
- You must be officially registered at PCC and be on the official class roster before you can access your online class
- If you are on the class wait-list, you will not have access to the class
- Once you are moved from the wait-list to the official class roster, you may need to wait 24 hours before you can access your class.
- If you do not see your courses within the My Courses box then try the course selector (waffle icon at the top of your D2L Brightspace account). This area will show any courses you currently have access to, and clicking on the course will bring you to the course homepage.
- On campus instructors may use D2L Brightspace for their course, but are NOT required to do so
- Contact your instructor if you do not see your on campus course listed within D2L Brightspace to confirm whether they are going to use the system
- Online courses through the Community Education department use the Ed2Go system: www.ed2go.com/portlandcc
Missing course or missing content?
If you looked over the information above and still can’t find your course, you can notify us. You can also use this form in the event your D2L Brightspace course is empty or otherwise missing content.
Be sure to also keep in contact with your instructor if you are running into any issues with your course.
Support for D2L Brightspace
PCC supports full desktop or laptop computers using Windows or Mac OSX operating systems.
Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.) and computers running a Linux based operating system have limited-to-no support.
Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are currently recommended for use with D2L Brightspace.
It is highly recommended that you have multiple browsers installed on any device you may access D2L Brightspace.