We help with
We provide support for a wide range of technology listed below.
Each link connects to the SHD page for the listed item. You can find answers to questions frequently asked by PCC students on these pages.
- D2L Brightspace
- Zoom Web Conferencing
- Google Apps
- Kaltura My Media
- Start Guide for Online Learning
- Student Web Server
- PCC Email
- Web Browsers
- On Campus WiFi (PCC-WiFi and PCCGuest)
Software vendors also have support pages.
- D2L Brightspace official support (Instant chat, Community support, FAQ, video tutorials, documentation, etc.)
- Zoom official support (Community support, FAQ, video tutorials, Zoom cloud status, learning center, etc.)
- Google apps (and Gmail) learning center (in-depth guide to a range of google apps)
Here we collect helpful information about additional technology resources that we do not support officially:
- Digital literacy (learn computer basics)
- GRAD Plan
- Microsoft Office 365
- Using RedShelf for eTexts
- Microsoft Azure (formerly Dreamspark/Microsoft Imagine)
- Academic Calendar
- Wireless Printing
Assistance with common issues
Problems with D2L Brightspace
If you are having difficulty logging into D2L Brightspace from MyPCC, try the direct portal: https://online.pcc.edu.
For additional information see the D2L Brightspace page.
Accessing a Zoom Meeting Room
For information on how to access a Zoom Meeting Room that your instructor has created see the Zoom Student Participant Guide.
Connecting to the Student Web Server
The Secure FTP page goes over the steps on how to connect to the SWS via the Filezilla application.
If you are having troubles connecting to the SWS then contact the Student Help Desk and be sure to inform your instructor so that they are aware of the issue.
Cannot access MyPCC
If you are unable login or recover your MyPCC username / password you will need to call the IT Service Desk at:
- 971-722-4400, option 1
Connecting to PCC-WiFi
If you are unable to connect to the PCC-WiFi access point, be sure you meet the following requirements:
- You must be currently enrolled in at least one course for the term that is in session
- Being on the wait list for a course does not count
- Access is granted 24 hours after registration
- The term you are enrolled in must have started
Help with class assignments
Contact your instructor if you have questions about an assignment. You can find your instructor’s contact info in the staff directory or the syllabus.
If you need assistance completing an assignment, Check out the Tutoring services.