Assignments – Google Apps Integration
The college provides all students access to Google Apps (also known as G Suite). The office suite includes Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and a cloud storage called Drive. You can use these applications to complete most course work without having to buy extra software (e.g. Microsoft Office). You can also submit work from your Google Drive account within D2L Brightspace.
Enable PCC Google Apps integration in D2L Brightspace
Before you can use Google Apps in Brightspace, you must authorize access your PCC Google Apps account. This links your accounts so that you can submit work from Google Drive within D2L Brightspace.
Quick Start Video
- Log in to your D2L Brightspace account
- Locate the “Access Google Apps” box found to the right of the “Announcements” box
- If your Google Apps Account is not already linked to D2L Brightspace then click Link to your Google Apps account
- If you do not see this option within the box then skip to step 6
- Input your MyPCC username (e.g. example.student) in the Google Apps Username box and ensure pcc.edu is set in the following drop down box
- Click Create Link
- Click the Authorize button
- You may need to log in with your PCC username & password
- Review the access notice and click the Allow button
- You will now see the Google Apps widget with a link to your Google Drive
Submit an assignment from Google Drive
Quick Start Video
- Go to the Assignments area of one of your courses
- Click on the title of the Assignment folder to get to the Assignment folder submission page
- Click the Add a File button.
- Click Google Drive for your document source
- Note: If you do not see this option, please make sure you have Authorized Google Apps with the instructions above.
- You will see a list of files in your PCC Google Drive account.
- You can also use the search field at the top to find the file you want to submit.
- Select the file that you want to submit by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the filename.
- You can select multiple files if you want to upload more than one file.
- Once you’ve selected the file(s) you want to submit, click the Add button in the bottom of the window.
- The file you chose will appear in the Files to submit section of the Submit Files page. If you’ve selected the wrong file, you can remove it from the list by clicking on the red X to the right of the filename.
- If you are satisfied with the file you’ve selected to submit, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- D2L Brightspace will send you a confirmation indicating that you have successfully submitted the assignment.
Optional: Sharing the original document
- If you would like to also submit a share link to the original Google Drive document, go to your Google Drive account and pull up the document you would like to share.
- In the top left corner of the document interface, click on the share button.
- On the Share with others window, click on the Get shareable link button in the top right corner.
- When the shareable link appears, click the Copy link button.
- Return to the D2L Assignment folder submission page and paste the shareable link into the Comments box in the Submit Files section of the page. You can paste by right clicking in the box and choosing Paste or pressing ctrl + V (for PC) or cmd + V (for Mac) on your keyboard.