The Portland Community College Queer Resource Centers provide advocacy, education, leadership development, programming, and retention services for students with marginalized genders and sexualities to create an inclusive and intersectional campus climate promoting gender justice, sexual liberation, and equity for all people.
The Queer Resource Center’s envision Portland Community College as a nationally recognized community college leader that affirms and celebrates students of all genders and sexualities with their intersecting identities, advances equity, and dismantles all oppressions for students, staff, faculty, and community.
View the QRC history timeline.
*Queer is an umbrella term used to be inclusive of all sexual and gender identities that challenge the norm.
medkit Visit our virtual lounge!
Our virtual lounge is a safer space to hang out, be yourself, and get peer support when you need it. Student Advocates will be there to greet you, build community, and host virtual activities. Open Monday – Thursday, 10am-2pm during Fall, Winter, and Spring Term instruction days (closed during summer, finals, and breaks).
Join us: Virtual Help in MyPCC (find the QRC under Student Life)
heart We’re here for you
Have you experienced harm resulting from domestic violence, dating or intimate partner violence, sexual violence, harassment, or stalking, or do you have questions and want to talk to someone? Contact the Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project.
Are you in need of additional resources due to COVID-19?
- Need advocacy support around sexual assault or relationship abuse? Contact the Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project.
- PCC has created a page with a list of resources related to food, housing, healthcare, mental health support, employment, and more.
- Academic Information for PCC Students on how to start the Spring Term and added FAQs based on the feedback and questions they are receiving from you. They will be updating this page frequently.
- Need a computer, wi-fi, or other support to access remote/online coursework or college services? Complete this Student Technology Needs form and a staff member will contact you soon.
- If you have any questions not directly related to the QRC, visit the Virtual Help tab in MyPCC to find remote support options for PCC services.
- United Way also has a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to assist with bills, rent, and food. To access, call 1-866-211-9966, provide your zip code, and you will be given a list of local agencies that provide assistance.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality has a resource list for trans folks during COVID-19.
Programming and offerings
Each campus also has slightly different programs and resources. Visit the campus QRC page of your choice below to find out what’s available at your campus!
In addition to campus-specific offerings, the QRCs work together to create district-wide opportunities and events.