Mission: The Portland Community College Queer Resource Centers provide advocacy, education, leadership development, programming, and retention services for students with marginalized genders and sexualities to create an inclusive and intersectional campus climate promoting gender justice, sexual liberation, and equity for all people.
Vision: The Queer Resource Center’s envision Portland Community College as a nationally recognized community college leader that affirms and celebrates students of all genders and sexualities with their intersecting identities, advances equity, and dismantles all oppressions for students, staff, faculty, and community.
Each campus also has slightly different programs and resources. Get in touch to find out what’s available at your campus!
*Queer is an umbrella term used to be inclusive of all sexual and gender identities that challenge the norm.
bullhorn Hiring soon for Fall 2020–Spring 2021!
Make college more than a classroom! Get paid while you engage, represent, and advocate with your peers at PCC. Our hiring and training timeline for the 2020-2021 academic year continues to evolve due to COVID-19. Start the process by completing this Interest Form and we’ll follow-up when applications are available.
heart We’re here for you
Have you experienced harm resulting from domestic violence, dating/intimate partner violence, sexual violence, harassment, or stalking, or do you have questions and want to talk to someone? Contact the Campus Outreach & Advocacy Project.
Our virtual doors are open!
Please visit each center’s page below to learn more about how an individual center is continuing to provide services remotely.
- Need advocacy support around sexual assault or relationship abuse? Contact the Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project.
- PCC has created a page with a list of resources related to food, housing, healthcare, mental health support, employment, and more.
- Academic Information for PCC Students on how to start the Spring Term and added FAQs based on the feedback and questions they are receiving from you. They will be updating this page frequently.
- Need a computer, wi-fi, or other support to access remote/online coursework or college services? Complete this Student Technology Needs form and a staff member will contact you soon.
- If you have any questions not directly related to the QRC, visit the Virtual Help tab in MyPCC to find remote support options for PCC services.
- If you are in need of support in the form of food, prescription pickup, financial support, or another need, PDX COVID-19 Mutual Aid Network is an all-volunteer grassroots network operating in the Portland Metro area that is offering support in these areas as they are able.
- United Way also has a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to assist with bills, rent, and food. To access, call 1-866-211-9966, provide your zip code, and you will be given a list of local agencies that provide assistance.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality has a resource list for trans folks during COVID-19.
Student Union 302
Operating remotely, click through for more information
Available by appointment, email, phone, Instagram, and Facebook.
Rock Creek QRC
Bldg 5, 121 (physical location closed with all operations now remote)
Available by appointment, email, phone, and Facebook during these hours (with more options to connect coming soon!):
M, W, Th: 9am-5pm
Please contact Becky (she/her) at email@example.com for more information.
Closed physically, but open digitally!
Available by appointment, email, and phone during these hours:
Mon-Thurs: 10am – 4pm
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the SE QRC Coordinator, Nico Judd (they/them) at 971.722.6032, email@example.com
In addition to campus-specific offerings, the QRCs work together to create district-wide opportunities and events.