Mission: The Portland Community College Queer Resource Centers provide advocacy, education, leadership development, programming, and retention services for students with marginalized genders and sexualities to create an inclusive and intersectional campus climate promoting gender justice, sexual liberation, and equity for all people.
Vision: The Queer Resource Center’s envision Portland Community College as a nationally recognized community college leader that affirms and celebrates students of all genders and sexualities with their intersecting identities, advances equity, and dismantles all oppressions for students, staff, faculty, and community.
Each campus also has slightly different programs and resources. Get in touch to find out what’s available at your campus!
*Queer is an umbrella term used to be inclusive of all sexual and gender identities that challenge the norm.
We’re here for you
Have you experienced harm resulting from domestic violence, dating/intimate partner violence, sexual violence, harassment, or stalking, or do you have questions and want to talk to someone? Contact the Campus Outreach & Advocacy Project.
Although PCC has made the decision to close its doors until May 4, 2020, our “virtual doors” are open!
Please visit each center’s page below to learn more about how an individual center is continuing to provide services remotely.
- Need advocacy support around sexual assault or relationship abuse? Contact the Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project.
- PCC has created a page with a list of resources related to food, housing, healthcare, mental health support, employment, and more.
- Academic Information for PCC Students on how to start the Spring Term and added FAQs based on the feedback and questions they are receiving from you. They will be updating this page frequently.
- Need a computer, wi-fi, or other support to access remote/online coursework or college services? Complete this Student Technology Needs form and a staff member will contact you soon.
- If you have any questions not directly related to the QRC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are in need of support in the form of food, prescription pickup, financial support, or another need, PDX COVID-19 Mutual Aid Network is an all-volunteer grassroots network operating in the Portland Metro area that is offering support in these areas as they are able. You can submit a “Request Support” form, though they cannot guarantee a timely response.
- United Way also has a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to assist with bills, rent, and food. To access, call 1-866-211-9966, provide your zip code, and you will be given a list of local agencies that provide assistance.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality has a resource list for trans folks during COVID-19.
Call for Trans Art
An art exhibit for Trans Day of Visibility.
- Submissions due: March 30
- Submit your art: Come to the QRC or submit it online
Student Union 302 (Closed)
Available by appointment, e-mail, phone, Instagram, and Facebook starting March 30th.
Rock Creek QRC
Bldg 5, 121 (physical location closed with all operations now remote)
Available by appointment, e-mail, phone, and Facebook during these hours (with more options to connect coming soon!):
M, W, Th: 9am-5pm
Please contact Becky (she/her) at email@example.com for more information.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon-Thurs: 10am – 4pm
In addition to campus-specific offerings, the QRCs work together to create district-wide opportunities and events.