District events calendar
The Portland Community College Women’s Resource Centers (WRC) apply the principles of intersectional, multicultural feminism to resist and dismantle sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression in order to support the success of women students at PCC.
We offer a range of programs and services that vary by campus, including:
- Trained, certified Confidential Advocates available to support students affected by relationship and/or sexual violence, harassment or stalking.
- Free college credit academic success programs (including a program taught fully in Spanish).
- Safer community space offering coffee/tea, personal supplies, and space to connect with others.
- Opportunities to get involved in events, Clubs and projects related to social and gender justice.
- Support accessing and navigating on and off-campus resources.
- Services open to students of all genders
The Portland Community College’s campus based Women’s Resource Centers (WRC) apply the principles of intersectional, multicultural feminism to resist and dismantle sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression in order to support the success of women students at PCC.
- Encourage empowerment and self-esteem in women by teaching self-advocacy.
- Enable women to make informed choices regarding academic, career, lifestyle, and health issues by providing accurate information, support, and education.
- Develop women’s leadership by supporting student-initiated programs and providing training in leadership skills.
- Encourage exploration of gender issues; to enhance personal development of women and men by integrating theory and learning into their daily lives; to provide a programmatic context for informed action and practical experience of issues critical to women and society.
- Actively seek the end of oppression based on gender, race, religion, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, age, and physical and mental abilities through all our programs and services.
- Form alliances and foster collaboration between students, college resources, staff, faculty, and members of the wider PCC community.
- Providing the highest quality services possible to our constituents.
- Respecting and valuing the differences which enrich our lives and working toward greater diversity and inclusiveness.
- Defining our work from varied feminist perspectives around women’s culture, women’s oppression and women’s resistance.
- Utilizing programming and resources to decrease isolation and increase support networks.
- Demonstrating civility in all discourse.
- Responsible use of fiscal and human resources to serve students in fulfilling the goals of Student Development and the Portland Community College mission.
Rock Creek WRC
Bldg. 7, Rm. 119
Our schedule varies based on staff availability.
We post it weekly on instagram and are available by appointment.