The QRC is dedicated to:
- Advising, advocacy, mentorship, and support for LGBTQ-identified students;
- Development of student knowledge and leadership skills;
- Promotion of awareness and visibility for the LGBTQ community on campus;
- Providing networking and social opportunities for the LGBTQ and allied campus community;
- Training students, staff, and faculty about gender and sexual equity, in order to foster a welcoming and inclusive campus environment;
- Advocating for change in policies, practices, and procedures across the campus to be more equitable to LGBTQ individuals.
Hours and location
Southeast MTH 149
Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
Contact J Gibbons, Southeast QRC Coordinator, for more information.
What will you find in the QRC?
A safe space to hang out and be yourself, free computer use, free coffee, tea and snacks, queer books and magazines to read, monthly movie nights, queer-related events, supportive peer advocates and staff (who can talk with you about anything from coming out to how to be a better ally to your queer friends), family and community, safer sex supplies, leadership opportunities, referrals to all campus resources (such as career advising, counseling, and more.)