971-722-8515 / email@example.com / CC 228
The PCC Sylvania Queer Resource Center is located in CC 228, near the Multicultural Center and Women’s Resource Center. Stop by often for the latest news, information, and upcoming community events and celebrations!
bullhorn bullhorn bullhorn The QRC will be hiring SOON for the 2020-2021 Academic Year!
Start the process now by completing the Interest Form. You’ll be among the first to know when applications are available. Make college more than a classroom: get paid and make a difference all while developing friendships that can last a lifetime!
These are strange and challenging times. We know that our community is strongest when we come together, and we are here to provide support in any way that we can.
The QRC is continuing to provide services remotely. Our virtual doors are open!
Here is an overview of Spring May/June 2020 programming and offerings. We are continuously working hard to figure out the best ways to build community and offer support during this time, and we are open to your ideas and suggestions so we can best meet your needs! You can share your ideas here.
During our regular hours, we are available on Instagram, through email, and on our Facebook page. Our goal is to be able to offer a speedy response during our regular hours (please extend grace and understanding as we work out new systems in these unprecedented times).
If you need information about resources, support, or would just like to check in and chat, please feel more than welcome to reach out.
Click one or all of the links below to receive updates from the Sylvania QRC:
As they become available, we will update this list with further engagement opportunities.
- Need advocacy support around sexual assault or relationship abuse? Contact the Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project.
- PCC has created a page with a list of resources related to food, housing, healthcare, mental health support, employment, and more.
- Academic Information for PCC Students on how to start the Spring Term and added FAQs based on the feedback and questions they are receiving from you. They will be updating this page frequently.
- Need a computer, wi-fi, or other support to access remote/online coursework or college services? Complete this Student Technology Needs form and a staff member will contact you soon.
- Want to talk to a human in the QRC? Call 971-722-8515 to reach Sarah, our program assistant, who can offer support, connect to resources, and set up meetings with mae, our coordinator.
- If you have any questions not directly related to the QRC, visit the Virtual Help tab in MyPCC to find remote support options for PCC services.
- If you are in need of support in the form of food, prescription pickup, financial support, or another need, PDX COVID-19 Mutual Aid Network is an all-volunteer grassroots network operating in the Portland Metro area that is offering support in these areas as they are able. You can submit a “Request Support” form, though they cannot guarantee a timely response.
- United Way also has a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to assist with bills, rent, and food. To access, call 1-866-211-9966, provide your zip code, and you will be given a list of local agencies that provide assistance.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality has a resource list for trans folks during COVID-19.
If you need help finding a resource, please reach out to us, and we will do our best to support you in meeting your needs.
Take care, community. We’ll see you again soon, and in the meantime, we look forward to connecting with you virtually.
– The QRC Team
What will you find in the QRC?
A welcoming and safer space to hang out and be yourself. We offer free computer use, free coffee and tea, books and magazines to read, queer-related events, supportive peer advocates and staff, safer sex supplies, leadership opportunities, referrals to other campus resources (such as career advising and counseling) and more.
Hours and location
Sylvania CC 228 (currently operating remotely)
We are available by appointment, email, phone, Instagram, and Facebook during the hours listed below.
We are open Monday-Thursday all instruction days Fall, Winter, and Spring Terms.
Mon, Tues, Thurs: 10am-5pm
Summer Term: available by appointment
The QRC is closed during finals week and breaks between terms.
Want to receive updates on QRC happenings, club meetings, and events? Sign up for the QRC email list!