Online Learning Advising Center
Our mission is to support students’ intellectual growth, empower students to clarify and attain their diverse academic, personal and professional goals, foster student retention, and promote student success. We are committed to engaging students using a wide variety of technologies and methods.
We can help with
- Planning your first term
- Interpretation of test scores and transcripts from other colleges
- Short and long term academic planning
- Reviewing your GRAD Plan audit and planner
- First term advising for Career Technical Education programs
- Preparing for graduation
- Academic probation and suspension
- Exploring transfer requirements and procedures
- Referrals to other college and community resources
- Questions and concerns regarding PCC policies
We’ll refer for
- Questions about individual financial aid packages go to the Financial Aid department.
- Personal counseling support is provided by Counseling Services.
- Guidance for researching careers or majors is offered at the Career Exploration Centers.
- Questions regarding the use of technology tools should go to the Student Help Desk.
- Long term academic advising support for Career Technical Education is provided by your academic program.
- Questions about online offerings through PCC’s Community Education Department.
Check out the Class Types page in the schedule to learn more about the difference between online and remote classes.
Connecting with an Online Learning advisor
Best use: Phone advising is a great option for any advising issue! We offer two types of phone advising.
Express Advising: Express advising is good for advising questions that can be resolved in a quick 5-10 minute conversation.
Express advising is available Monday through Thursday, 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Please note that sometimes during express advising the advisor may identify the need for an extended advising conversation. When this happens, the advisor will ask the student to set up an advising appointment through the Student Help Desk.
Appointments: Phone appointments are helpful for students who are new to college or who have complicated questions. We require phone appointments for new student placement holds, financial aid time frame extensions and appeals, academic standing issues (academic probation learning contracts, midterm reports, suspension re-entry learning contracts), veterans holds, and long-range academic planning.
Phone appointments are available Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 7:00pm and are scheduled through the Student Help Desk.
Note: Appointments are scheduled for the next available day from the point in time that you call in (we do not schedule same-day appointments). Once an appointment is set, you will initiate the appointment by calling the number provided in the appointment confirmation email at your scheduled time.
Best Use: Email advising is a great option for students who have quick questions or limited time to connect with an advisor. Be aware, there may be issues that arise in email interactions which will require talking with an advisor by phone appointment. Your advisor will help you determine which issues will require this.
Note: Please use your PCC email account when emailing an advisor. This is required due to federal regulations that protect your privacy.