Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center
Portland Community College Metro Center had been a part of PCC’s Extended Learning Campus since 1998. We specialize in working with participants that are receiving public assistance to attain necessary skills for employment. Our employment and training programs are designed to help people develop their skill set and position them to be competitive for family wage jobs. We have established fantastic relationships with local training providers and employers to provide our customers the tools and resources needed to achieve their career goals. Several participants have successfully found employment and have pursued higher education as a result of Vocational Training Programs. We offer services, workshops, one-on-one assistance, and host weekly job fair and hiring events.
We offer a wide variety of workforce development programs and services for those seeking employment. See a full list of our program offerings, visit our TANF Participant programs and Community Education and Health Services pages.
Every Friday, 9-10:30am
PMWTC Bldg 2
Weekly job fair featuring presentations by employers to match job seekers’ skills and abilities with employers’ immediate job openings. Meet employers face to face and engage in hiring-related Q & A.
About Workforce Network
Workforce Network is an organization committed to finding solutions to optimize workforce performance. Serving the needs of Portland’s North and Northeast regions, we specialize in helping businesses fulfill their human resource needs and job seekers in their career development. Our mission: strengthening the economy with a diverse job ready workforce by providing customized training, employment, and business services.
See more Workforce Development opportunities.
Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center news
- PMWTC Design to Feature High-Tech Wood
- December 17, 2020
- Architects are designing the college’s first project with Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), a type of “mass timber."
- PCC Offers Flu Vaccine/COVID Testing
- November 24, 2020
- The Multnomah County Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Program, in partnership with Multnomah County Communicable Disease Services […]
- College Tackles Text Messages
- November 18, 2020
- On Nov. 14, PCC management learned that individuals posing as potential PCC students had fraudulently obtained PCC-issued email addresses, and […]
- View more ...