On-Ramp to Manufacturing
Want to work in Advanced Manufacturing?
We’re here to help you get there!
- 5 weeks of classes offered at no cost to you
- Attend all 3 sections or pick and choose
- Make an informed decision about your future
- Build skills for success in school and on the job
- Get support on your journey to becoming a PCC student
Pending COVID restrictions, these classes will be offered in-person at OMIC Training Center, located at 34001 NE Wagner Ct, Scappoose, OR 97056. If in-person class is not available, they will be offered online via Zoom.
Part 1: Explore Options
Mon-Fri, August 16-20 | 9am-12:30pm
- Explore career paths in manufacturing, learn about educational opportunities and connect with industry professionals.
- We’ll cover PCC programs in: Bioscience, Computer Aided Design and Drafting, Electronic Engineering, Machine Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Microelectronics, and Welding.
Part 2: On-board to PCC
Mon-Fri, August 23-27 | 10am-11am
- Get support with onboarding to PCC, connect with other students, and build skills for student success.
- Meet each morning for a short lesson and check in, then work on your on-boarding steps at your own pace throughout the day.
Part 3: Build Skills for Manufacturing
Tues-Fri, August 31-September 17 | 9am-12pm
- Learn essential skills that will help you succeed in school and on the job.
- Get experience drawing to scale, taking measurements and working with an xArm robot to build knowledge and confidence.
For more information or to get signed up:
This program is funded through the Title III RISES Grant. Portland Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution. Contact us if you have a disability that requires services.