- Renewable Energy Systems: EET Option
- The most comprehensive Renewable Energy Systems (RES) training offering in the State of Oregon preparing technicians for solar power, wind power, fuel cell and other renewable energy fields.
- Energy Tech Programs
- Microelectronics has two new programs geared toward preparing PCC students for technical careers in the solar industry, the AAS Degree in Microelectronics Technology, and a COC in Solar Voltaic Manufacturing Technology. The COC is a short program consisting of approximately 13 credits, the majority of these credits are transferable to the Solar Voltaic AAS degree (which consists of 95 credits).
- Sustainability Focus Award
- The Sustainability Focus award recognizes students who have completed a broad range of sustainability related courses. The award is designed to encourage students to learn and to see environmental issues from multiple perspectives and to increase their experience in this multi-disciplinary topic.
View a listing of all of our courses featuring sustainability as part of their curricula at the Student Sustainability Hub.
- Want to learn more about Green Careers?
- Check out Oregon Green Career Pathways.
Resources for Educators
- Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network (GPSEN)
- The Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network (GPSEN) is a multi-sector network of educators, students, non-profits, political and industry leaders, organizations, and community members collaborating to promote sustainability education in the Portland Metro region, including Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington Counties, in Oregon, and Clark County in Washington.
- Sustainable Practices for Academics and Resources Council (SPARC)
- The Sustainable Practices for Academics and Resources Council (SPARC) leads the PCC effort to instill sustainability in our educational offerings.
- Sustainability Training for Technical Educators
- PCC’s Sustainability Training for Technical Educators Grant is a “train the trainer” model, funded by the National Science Foundation. We are dedicated to improving educators’ knowledge of sustainability issues, trends, technologies, and industry best practices, with a focus on Architecture Design and Drafting, Interior Design, Building Construction Technology, and Facilities Maintenance Technology.