At Portland Community College, we’re doing our part to shrink our carbon footprint and promote healthy, equitable systems. As leaders in sustainable purchasing and green building practices for institutions of higher education, PCC demonstrates its commitment to sustainability in the following ways:
- As the only community college in the nation to be a founding member of the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council.
- By practicing a closed loop system on the PCC Rock Creek Campus, producing cafeteria food in campus gardens and returning food waste to the soil in the form of compost.
- By achieving LEED Platinum and Gold certifications while striving for Silver as the minimum on PCC’s newest construction projects.
- Taking Global Action
- Monday November 27, 2017
PCC leadership presented at a world sustainability conference in Bonn, Germany to help combat climate change
- Leading the Change
- Monday November 13, 2017
Portland Community College is doing its part to combat climate change, and people have taken notice
- 2019 GPSEN Sustainability Symposium to be hosted at PCC Cascade 3/8/19
- December 18, 2018
- We are excited to share that the Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network’s (GPSEN) Sustainability Symposium: Building Bridges to Sustainability will […]
- Episode #12 ~ It’s Election Day! Get Your Vote On! And Learn About the Portland Clean Energy Initiative from Jenny Lee!
- November 6, 2018
- It’s here! Today! The 2018 mid-term elections are happening and this is going to be a BIG day for this […]
- Episode #11 ~ Featuring Dr. Heather Hackman from Hackman Consulting Group
- October 30, 2018
- I first experienced Dr. Heather Hackman and her incredibly accessible presentation style at AASHE 2017 in San Antonio. Her ability […]
- What’s Growin’ On – Fall 2018
- October 29, 2018
- Southeast Aquaculture project This fall the Geodesic Dome is getting an upgrade! The STEM Center is installing aquaculture tanks to […]
- Episode #10 ~ A Conversation with PCC President Mark Mitsui
- October 23, 2018
- Well hello! There’s a couple reason’s I’m pretty stoked right now. One is that this is the 10th episode of […]
- View more ...