At Portland Community College, we’re doing our part to shrink our carbon footprint and promote healthy, equitable systems. As leaders in sustainable purchasing and green building practices for institutions of higher education, PCC demonstrates its commitment to sustainability in the following ways:
- As the only community college in the nation to be a founding member of the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council.
- By practicing a closed loop system on the PCC Rock Creek Campus, producing cafeteria food in campus gardens and returning food waste to the soil in the form of compost.
- By achieving LEED Platinum and Gold certifications while striving for Silver as the minimum on PCC’s newest construction projects.
- Taking Global Action
- Monday November 27, 2017
PCC leadership presented at a world sustainability conference in Bonn, Germany to help combat climate change
- Leading the Change
- Monday November 13, 2017
Portland Community College is doing its part to combat climate change, and people have taken notice
- Sylvania cafeteria and catering are going "green"
- June 12, 2018
- Hot off the presses! PCC is getting ready to kick off it’s new eco-to-go containers in the Sylvania cafeteria and […]
- PCC Bee Campus USA 2017 Annual Report
- May 17, 2018
- We’re pleased to share this comprehensive report as PCC is proud to bee 😉 a Bee Campus USA! 🐝💕🐝 Below is the […]
- Earth (Extended) Week 2018 Recap
- May 10, 2018
- For being mid April, we sure found ourselves with an unusual abundance of sunshine and hot weather here in the […]
- A Sunny & Successful Day of Native Plant Restoration in the ‘Rainy Woods’ of Sylvania
- March 15, 2018
- This past Saturday the PCC Sylvania Habitat Restoration Team, under the leadership of Instructor April Ann Fong partnered with the […]
- Washington – Oregon Higher Ed Sustainability Conference Recap!
- February 16, 2018
- This past week PCC was delighted to help sponsor, organize and participate in the 2018 Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability […]
- View more ...