At Portland Community College, we’re doing our part to shrink our carbon footprint and promote healthy, equitable systems. As leaders in sustainable purchasing and green building practices for institutions of higher education, PCC demonstrates its commitment to sustainability in the following ways:
- As the only community college in the nation to be a founding member of the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council.
- By practicing a closed loop system on the PCC Rock Creek Campus, producing cafeteria food in campus gardens and returning food waste to the soil in the form of compost.
- By achieving LEED Platinum and Gold certifications while striving for Silver as the minimum on PCC’s newest construction projects.
PCC Sustainability News
- Sustainability Shines Bright
- Monday February 11, 2019
PCC earns global honors for fighting climate change through innovation
- Taking Global Action
- Monday November 27, 2017
PCC leadership presented at a world sustainability conference in Bonn, Germany to help combat climate change
- Leading the Change
- Monday November 13, 2017
Portland Community College is doing its part to combat climate change, and people have taken notice
- We’re hiring a Sustainability Communications Coordinator!
- September 4, 2019
- Position Title: Sustainability Communications Coordinator Under direction of the District Sustainability Manager, the Sustainability Communications Coordinator will oversee communication, outreach […]
- Earth Week 2019 Recap!
- May 24, 2019
- My oh my how time does fly! This was another great year for PCC during Earth Week. We had numerous […]
- 2019 GPSEN Sustainability Symposium Recap
- April 5, 2019
- On Friday, March 8th the Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network (GPSEN) hosted its signature event, The GPSEN Sustainability Symposium: “Building […]
- Intersections of Sustainability: 2019 Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference Recap
- March 13, 2019
- It’s hard not feel a sense of helplessness about the fate of our planet these days, that’s why it was […]
- Southeast Green Monday Event on Monday, 2/11!
- February 6, 2019
- Join us for a Green Monday celebration in the Great Hall! Monday, February 11th from 11am-2pm! We’ll have plant-based food […]
- View more ...