News & Events
Stay up-to-date by following us on Twitter!
- PCC wins national climate award through Second Nature, U.S. Green Building Council
- Thursday, October 12, 2017
- The honor recognizes innovative and advanced leadership in sustainability, climate mitigation, and resilience at signatory campuses of the Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitments. Loyola University Chicago and Portland Community College are the lone recipients.
- PCC tackles climate change head-on by purchasing green, reaps huge dividends
- Friday, March 10, 2017
- PCC is on the forefront of green purchasing and is known nationally as one of the few colleges that is making serious efforts to reduce harmful emissions.
- GPSEN Sustainability Symposium chance to show off PCC’s green efforts to region
- Monday, January 29, 2017
- More than 50 regional leaders convened at Portland Community College’s Sylvania Campus in Southwest Portland for the Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network’s (GPSEN) first annual Sustainability Symposium on Friday, Jan. 27.
- PCC’s Sylvania Campus to host GPSEN sustainability symposium
- Monday, January 19, 2017
- Regional leaders will gather to participate in the Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network’s (GPSEN) first annual Sustainability Symposium.
- PCC garners multitude of honors and awards
- Monday, August 22, 2016
- PCC wins the 2016 International Sustainability Award from APPA: Leadership in Education Facilities.
- Rock Creek Solar Array
- Monday, August 15, 2016
- Online monitor keeps great work of Rock Creek’s solar array on everyone’s minds.
- Tree Campus USA Award
- Friday, April 15, 2016
- PCC one of five community colleges nationwide to earn Tree Campus USA honor.
- An Endorsement with Buzz
- Monday, April 11, 2016
- PCC is named the nation’s fourth Bee Campus USA affiliate for work to protect pollinators.
- On Being Green
- Monday, February 22, 2016
- Sustainability expert Briar Schoon talks about how being green comes naturally to PCC.
- AASHE Award
- November 16, 2015
- National sustainability organization AASHE awards PCC with its highest honor.
- Earth Week: Earth Week activities are taking place across the district. Learn sustainable practices, participate in a variety of fun events, and make a difference in your community!
- Bike More Challenge: Earn points by bike commuting during National Bike Month in May! Prizes are awarded to teams and individuals who log the most trips.
Check out more events at the Student Sustainability Hub.