Community responsibility is at the core of education
Community-Based Learning directly supports that belief through projects that deepen and contextualize course learning outcomes by addressing the needs of our community.
Community-Based Learning at PCC is an academic program that provides support across all disciplines through assistance with community-based learning course implementation, professional development, and resources. The program supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of PCC and serves everyone under the PCC umbrella throughout the district.
Additionally, the Community-Based Learning Program provides resources for hands-on individual and student group volunteering throughout the greater Portland region.
- Professional Development
- One-on-One Assistance
- Faculty Tool Kit
- Community Partnerships
- Steps for Faculty New to CBL
- Resources for projects and assignments
- Volunteer Opportuntites
- Awards and Scholarships
- Share your community engagement experiences
- Before the Dream: Discovering the Legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Call for Proposals: Towards Pedagogies of Critical CBL Symposium
- Winter 2019 CBL Courses: BA 209 Introduction to Grant Writing
- Passion Impact is hiring Work Study students!
- Neighbor to Neighbor Fall Fairs at Cascade and Sylvania
- View more ...
Experience Community-Based Learning
CBL Project: Humans of Southeast
Community Partner: PCC SE Multicultural Center
Course: PSY 101 Psychology and Human Relations
Instructor: Ken Kraska