Resources for faculty who are, or are seeking to, integrate community-based learning into their teaching practice.
- Introduction | CBL 101
- Development | Community Engaged Faculty Institutes
- Engagement | Mini Grants, Workshops, Conferences, and Professional Associations
CBL coordinators are here to help!
Our program staff are available to provide the following:
- Individual consultation on integrating community-based learning into your course
- Class/meeting presentations per your needs and requests
- A comprehensive list of approved community-based learning sites
- Assist the community with the development and enhancement of community-based learning programming
- Relationship building with new partners
- Problem solving and quality control
- Regular workshops and training on community-based learning
Feel free to contact any of our team for one on one assistance.
Faculty tool kit
Resources and forms
- CBL Best Practices for PCC: Examples
- CBL Best Practices for PCC: Orientation, Student FAQs, and Promoting CBL to your students
Resources by discipline
- Syllabus Collection of PCC CBL courses
- Past CBL courses
- CBL in Distance Learning
- CBL and sustainability
- Student experiences
- Community partner promotional videos
- CBL programming
- Share with your students to complete at the end of the term! Any information provided by your students will be sent to you.
GivePulse for PCC
Using GivePulse for your Community-Based Learning class
GIvePulse allows the CBL Program to manage community partnerships and track engagement for students in community-based learning courses. You will be able to log in to GivePulse using your MyPCC login. If you need assistance with the platform, please contact the CBL Program Coordinator.
- Basics of GivePulse for faculty (YouTube video)
- PCC group on GivePulse
- GivePulse service-learning overview
- GivePulse support
- Group page for you CBL designated class: All faculty who utilize CBL have access to GivePulse. Any courses you have designated as CBL will have a group page. Your students will also be added to a class group page.
Track student community engagement through impacts:
Reporting made easy through GivePulse! By using the platform, your course and students’ impact will automatically be shared with the CBL Program. The old reporting form with still be available for the time being. Any data submitted, will be entered into the GivePulse platform.
- Impact defined
- Impact verification
- Reported by students: Encourage you students to utilize the platform to keep track of their community engagement hours by creating “impacts.” These impacts can be verified by you and/or the community partner.
- Reported by you for your entire class: You can also report your class’s impact as a group vs individually
- Find community partners: Through the PCC group page you will be able to find organizations that are affiliated with PCC.
- The Community Connector will continue to be accessible for the time being, but community partners will be encouraged to utilize GivePulse.
- Designate specific Community Partners for specific courses: If you have specific community partners for your course, you can “affiliate” with them.
- Create your own community engagement opportunity: If you have a project or volunteer opportunity for your class, you can create a specific event to share with your students.
The Community Connector will be phased out by the end of the 2018-2019 Academic Year. It will continue to be accessible for the time being, but community partners will be encouraged to utilize GivePulse. Community Connector Profiles will no longer be maintained.