On-Ramp to Manufacturing
Want to work in Advanced Manufacturing?
Upcoming course info
- February 7–18, 2022
- Monday – Friday
- 9:30am-12 noon
- Offered online via Zoom
- No cost to participants
We’re here to help you get there through education!
- Explore career paths in manufacturing
- Learn about PCC degrees and certificates
- Get support with on-boarding to PCC
- Gain resources for student success
Topics we’ll explore
Manufacturing overview topics
- Why manufacturing?
- Resources for career exploration
- Working in a cleanroom
- Career snapshots: operator, technician, welder, CADD designer, machinist, and more
- Writing and following technical instructions
- Plus, meet with employers and professionals in the industry
- Bioscience Technology
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Electronic Engineering Technology and Civil and Construction Engineering Technology
- Machine Manufacturing Technology
- Microelectronics Technology
- Onboarding to PCC
- Paying for college
- Connecting to resources
- Resilience in school and on the job
- Goal setting and next steps
Participate or learn more
This program is funded through the Title III RISES Grant. Portland Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution. Contact Disability Services if you have a disability that requires services.