Employee Assistance Program
All employees eligible for PCC medical insurance and all Part-time Faculty with active jobs teaching credit classes are eligible for services through Reliant Behavioral Health.
To access COVID-19 related resources, please go to IBHSolutions.com, or call 1-866-750-1327; Access Code: OEBB
For additional information on the EAP program, please see the PCC EAP page.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a broad range of employer and employee paid benefit options.
- Full and Part-time Classified, Managerial, Academic Professional, and Confidential employees: Eligible for the benefits listed below, unless otherwise indicated.
- Full-time faculty: Eligible for the benefits listed below unless otherwise indicated.
- Part-time faculty: Eligible for Health Insurance Trust Fund, Group Medical Benefits (those who meet established eligibility criteria), and other benefits marked with single asterisk (*).
- Casual employees: Eligible for retirement, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (457 Plan), Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b Plan) and OnPoint Community Credit Union.
For medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long term care insurance, you must enroll online in the OEBB system within the specified enrollment timeframe. For enrollment in other benefits, please see the sections below.
- New employees: Review this website, attend a monthly group benefits orientation and enroll online within 31 days of benefit eligibility.
- Open Enrollment: Your annual opportunity to enroll or make changes to your current benefit plans. You must enroll or opt out by the end of the Open Enrollment period, August 15 to September 15.
- Mid-year changes: Certain qualified status changes, such as the birth of a child, adoption, marriage, newly formed domestic partnership or loss of other coverage may permit insurance enrollment. You must notify Benefits and enroll within 31 days of the event.
- Domestic partner benefits
Paying for benefits
PCC makes a monthly contribution (“the Cap”) toward health insurance premiums. The Cap amount is determined by the tier of coverage you choose for your medical plan and is pro-rated by FTE for part-time employees. Cost sheets contain detailed information for all benefits eligible employees.
Summary of benefits
Health and dental
- Medical, prescription
- Cost sheets
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*
- Opt out incentive
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)*
- Long term care*
Please refer to the HIPAA privacy notice for information on how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and under what circumstances it is classified as protected information.
Group life and disability
Retirement and financial matters
- Oregon Savings Growth Plan, 457 Plan*
- Tax Deferred Annuity, 403(b) Plan*
- U.S. savings bonds
- Credit union membership*
- Homeowner and auto insurance*
- Group legal*
- Cash Awards for Suggestions that Help (CASH)
Leave and time off
- Vacation and sick leave* (refer to contracts)
- Holidays, personal time & emergency leave
- Leave of absence*
- Employee Leave Bank Program**
- Tuition reimbursement*** (for classes at other institutions)
- Tuition waiver* (for classes at PCC)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- * Part-time faculty inclusive
- ** Part-time and full-time Classified and Academic Professional only
- *** Not available to any part-time employee
Frequently asked questions
Whom can I cover on my medical, dental, and vision insurance?
You may cover your spouse or domestic partner (Certificate of Domestic Partnership required); your dependent children, stepchildren, domestic partner’s children, adopted children and other dependent children related to you (e.g., grandchildren). If you or your spouse/partner are not the biological parent, you must provide custody or legal documents showing proof of adoption, legal guardianship or other court order. Eligible dependent children may be covered until the end of the month in which they turn 26 years of age.
When can I change health insurance plans?
You may change health insurance plans during Open Enrollment only. Open Enrollment is August 15 to September 15 each year, with changes effective October 1.
When can I add or drop dependents to my medical, dental or vision insurance?
You may drop dependents at Open Enrollment or with a qualified status change (such as divorce or a child turning 26). The change will become effective the first of the month following the qualified status change. You may add dependents when first enrolling in benefits as a new employee, during Open Enrollment, or within 31 days of a qualified status change (such as marriage, birth, adoption or loss of other coverage). You will need to complete a Mid-Year Change Form to add or drop dependents. Please contact a benefits specialist if you have a qualified status change.
When can I add other benefits?
You may enroll when first eligible as a newly benefited employee and during Open Enrollment each year. You may enroll in the flexible spending account program for the upcoming year during the program’s Open Enrollment period in November or with a qualified status change. You may enroll at any time in pre-paid legal, OnPoint Community Credit Union, MetPay (group auto, homeowners, renters insurance), savings bonds, tax deferred annuity plan (403b) and Oregon Savings Growth Plan (457).
When will my benefits become effective?
Except for Part-Time Faculty*, your benefits become effective the 1st of the month after you have been in a benefits eligible position for 30 days. Example: A full-time employee hired August 21st will be eligible for benefits effective October 1. Part-time benefited employees must be paid for 32 hours in a pay period to maintain eligibility, and full-time benefited employees must be paid for 80 hours or 10 days each pay period. If you work fewer hours than needed to maintain eligibility, you may continue your insurance on a self-pay basis through COBRA.
How do I enroll?
To enroll or opt out of medical, dental, vision, optional life, optional AD&D insurance and optional long term care insurance, register in MyOEBB and follow the online enrollment process. You may also access this web site under the My Health Insurance section on the Employee tab of MyPCC.