Career Pathway Certificate: Welding Technology
- Are you interested in learning the basic skills to enter the welding profession?
- Are you ready to gain the knowledge to jumpstart your career in a high wage high demand field?
- Do you want to acquire skills that are relevant to many trades, and have options to customize your skill set and certifications?
- Opportunity awaits!
The Welding Career Pathways prepares you to build on your problem solving, restoration, and analytical skills. This is a great option for those wanting to join a field that has plenty of opportunity to gain marketable skills that lead to further advancement. There are over 14 Career Pathway options: Flux Core Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Certification Preparation, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Customized, Metal Fabrication Customized, Pipe Welding Certification Preparation, Pipe Welding Customized, Shielded Metal Arc Welding Certification Preparation, Shielded Metal Arc Welding Customized, Welding Certification Preparation Customized, Welding Technology, Wire Welding Certification Preparation, Wire Welding Customized, Wire and TIG Welding, and Martime Welding (Vigor Swan Island).
Average wage for welding jobs is 45,000-55,000 year, with entry level wages of $17-20/hour.
Finish your degree
The Welding Career Pathway Certificate lead to additional certificates and degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- PCC Rock Creek & Swan Island Trades Center
- One Term+ depending upon program
- Attend an information session
- Complete the steps for new students
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Add your name to the Welding Prospective Student List
- Find out more about the resources and support the Career Pathways team can provide!