Rock Creek Boiler Project
Services PCC through energy management and utility tracking, allowing the college to meet the President’s Climate Commitment, and provide a compliant and healthy educational environment.
- Since 2011, PCC reduced utility costs (±$690,000) from implemented energy projects, despite an increase in square footage.
- Accordingly, PCC’s carbon foot print has been reduced by 3,867 tons of CO2 or 530 cars off the road.
- In FY 2016, in addition to cash incentives from the Energy Trust of Oregon, PCC further reduced utility costs (±$416,000) from implemented energy efficiency projects.
- PCC participates in “Strategic Energy Management” (SEM) offered by the Energy Trust of Oregon area cohort.
- SEM promotes and supports energy savings efforts, as well as provides training and networking opportunities.
- PCC utilizes a state of the art Energy Management Control System in all campus buildings that allows:
- Remote monitoring and control of building HVAC functions.
- Trending and graphics to support troubleshooting of HVAC issues.
- Energy Management through scheduling of large HVAC systems.