Information for students

When you apply, you’ll get information about getting started at PCC by completing the New Student Orientation.

MyPCC and student email

MyPCC is a student dashboard where you take care of all aspects of college business. PCC will communicate through your MyPCC email account, and you are expected to read all electronic communications and respond when necessary.

Registering for classes

EOP registration is conducted in the same way as regular college registration. See the registration page for details.

Paying your bill

Check your student account regularly using PCC-Pay. If there is a tuition balance, we may be missing your school’s billing authorization, or you may be enrolled in classes they did not approve. It is up to you to pay or to follow up with your school to get the authorization before the term begins. PCC does not send paper bills, so it is important for you to view your account during the first week of term.

If you take a course not authorized by the school district, you will be held financially responsible and must pay the full cost of the class.


Talk with your high school to see if they will cover your book costs. Some high schools require students to buy the book and get reimbursed; others allow PCC to bill them for student book purchases. Either way, your high school will require you to provide the cost of required books and course materials, which is available through the PCC Bookstore.


You are responsible for your own transportation to and from campus. Information about parking, free shuttles, and TriMet are available through PCC’s Parking and Transportation office. If you purchase a parking permit, the amount will be charged to your student account and you will be required to pay by the payment due date.


Grades are typically available one week after the end of finals week and are available through MyPCC. You will be expected to share your grades with your high school counselor. If your high school counselor asks for one, you can order an official transcript or get an unofficial transcript from your MyPCC account.


As you enter college, the legal right to access confidential educational records under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) passes from your parent or guardian to you. The only way PCC will release information to your parents or guardians is for you to complete the online “Consent to Release” using your MyPCC account. Even with this permission, the college does not allow parents or guardians to register or drop you from classes, request transcripts, or contact instructors directly for information about your class performance, attendance, or behavior.

Student support

PCC offers many student supports to help you through many issues that may arise during your time at the college. Below is a list of supports:

Behavioral expectations

The college environment is designed for adults who are independent and self-managed. As such, students are expected to manage and be accountable for their own behaviors and to comply with the college’s behavioral guidelines, “Student Rights and Responsibilities.” Younger students and their parents should be aware of the adult nature of the college environment, where it is likely that students will be exposed to ideas inside and outside of the classroom that may challenge their personal beliefs. Also, younger students and parents should recognize the inherent risk of participating in an open campus educational environment and students should practice behaviors that minimize risk to their person and property. The Dean of Student Life and Engagement can assist you in these matters and answer questions about student behavioral expectations.

ID cards

Photo ID cards are optional but required for many on-campus activities, such as using the library, tutoring centers, and shuttle services. Cards are currently obtained through Enrollment Services.